Bridesmaid jewelry has a unique role – it allows your personal style to shine. As for most weddings, the tradition is for the bridesmaids to wear the same gown (or color), jewelry is how you make a statement. Of course, there are rules to follow especially since we are talking about a wedding. The same way you don’t wear white to a wedding, you need to be careful about the jewelry you select. And since it’s wedding season, let’s see what bridesmaid jewelry you can choose and how to match it with your gown.
Bridesmaid jewelry according to the theme
Only a bridezilla would make her bridesmaids wear the same jewelry in addition to wearing the same dress. So we are going to assume you have the freedom to pick your own jewelry. If you don’t, try to persuade the soon-to-be bride and make her understand that there is a difference between elegant occasion matching dresses and a “cookie-cutter”.
While most brides leave the jewelry up to the bridesmaids, some of them can set up a theme, which is a very cool idea. A nice theme idea is pearls. Whether a pearl choker, necklace or a pair of pearl earrings, a unified look would be great. Of course, if you want this to work, you have to talk to the other bridesmaids and make sure you choose different styles. For example, one of you could wear a pair of chandelier pearl earrings, and another could wear pearl clusters.
Another interesting theme is to complement the bride by wearing the opposite jewelry styles. If she is wearing an elegant choker, the bridesmaids could wear long necklaces like a lariat or strands of pearls. If she is wearing a diamond tiara, the bridesmaids can wear tiara-shaped hair clips. Once again, you have to discuss it with the other bridesmaids and make sure you choose different jewelry styles and colors.
Bridesmaid jewelry according to the neckline
A very important thing you need to consider is the gown’s neckline. The neckline is important when considering what type of necklace and earrings you should wear. And since the neckline chooses the necklace and the earrings, it also influences the rings or bracelets because they have to match the upper part of your body.
The deep V-neckline is a very flattering and popular choice. If your gown has this neckline style, we recommend choosing a lariat, a beaded necklace or a fine pendant necklace of medium length. Depending on your necklace choice and hairstyle, you can go for cluster or teardrop earrings.
When it comes to bridesmaid jewelry for a strapless neckline, we recommend choosing an elegant choker or a delicate short chain necklace. You can also go for a multi-strand statement necklace, but, in this case, make sure to choose small earrings, like studs. You can also go the other way and select a fine delicate necklace and chandelier earrings.
With a halter neckline, your earrings get all the attention. Don’t make the mistake of wearing a necklace and especially not a big, statement necklace. Instead, go for a pair of statement earrings and a cuff bracelet.
A sweetheart neckline is very feminine and delicate, which is why you have a lot of options. You can keep it minimal and choose a fine chain necklace or you can go with a statement collar necklace. The only rule is that the necklace can’t touch the dress, it has to hang above the neckline.
T-shirt (jewel) neckline
Very popular for bridesmaid dresses, the jewel neckline offers a lot of possibilities. Its purpose is to emphasize the jewelry, so it will look gorgeous with a statement necklace, a multi-strand pearl necklace or even a chain with a beautiful pendant. You can let your necklace grab all the attention and wear small studs for earrings.
One-shoulder dresses are beautiful and stylish, but it can be quite hard to accessorize your jewelry. If you are going to wear an asymmetrical dress, we recommend pairing it with a delicate layered chain necklace. You can also try a choker necklace, but a thin, elegant one.
An elegant and feminine choice, the bateau will always be a classic. Because of its cut, try to avoid choker and collar necklaces. Go for strands of pearls or beaded short necklaces. If you want a contrasting look, you can choose a pair of linear drop earrings that oppose the roundness of the neckline.
Check out our limited-edition collections of designer jewelry and find the perfect bridesmaid jewelry for the upcoming wedding. At Ana Luisa, you can find high-quality premium jewelry at fair prices. Follow us on Instagram and share this page with the other bridesmaids so that all of you can have a classy, elegant style.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- Top Ideas for a Chic Collar Necklace
- When & How to Wear a Heart Necklace
- The New Statement of 2019: Layered Necklaces
- How to Style a Ball Chain Necklace?
- What Is a Good Luck Necklace?
- Fashion Necklaces Ideas for Each Day of the Week
- Which Ana Luisa Ball Chain Necklace Is the Right One for You?
- Trending Now: The Coin Necklace
- How to Wear a Pearl Necklace
- How to Wear a Pearl Pendant
- Matching Your Choker Necklace with Your Other Jewelry
- How to Wear a Statement Necklace
- How to Style a Semi Precious Stone Necklace Depending on the Color of the Gemstones
- Which Necklace Length Is Ideal for Each Moment of the Day?
- What Is a Layered Necklace & How Should You Wear One?
- How to wear Ana Luisa’s layered necklaces?
- How to choose the perfect size for your pendant necklace
- How to style a collar necklace
- How to wear a rope necklace each day of the week
- How To Wear: Chunky Necklace
- Where Do I Wear a Lace Choker?
- Spiritual Jewelry: Evil Eye Necklace
- Grunge Look – Skull Necklace
- Bar Necklace – How Do I Wear it?
- Summer Trend: Lotus Necklace
- How-to Style: Crystal Choker
- Our 2018 favorite layered necklaces
- How to style a choker necklace?