To buy jewelry online means to have access to exclusive creations which, most of the time, you cannot find in a physical shop. Shopping for jewelry online has a lot of advantages, whether you buy precious & semi precious stones jewelry or costume jewelry. However, there are a couple of rules you need to know. These will help you save time, money and find the best creations that suit your style. Read on to find out our tips for buying jewelry online.
Pay attention to the site’s name when you buy jewelry online
If you are buying from a known brand, make sure to double check its name. This is very important as there are a lot of counterfeit websites that use a similar name and manage to trick the buyers. Just as it happens with Puma shoes, for example. Sometimes, certain websites or even brick and mortar stores use “Pumma” and trick people into buying shoes that aren’t actually the brand they were looking for. When you buy jewelry online, pay attention to the brand’s name and Google it if you are not sure about the spelling. This will save you a lot of trouble.
Check if the website offers a contact method
Most scamming websites don’t feature a contact method for obvious reasons. Before you buy jewelry online, check the “Contact us” section of the website. There should be a phone number or email address listed there. If the website doesn’t offer a way for customers to contact them, don’t buy jewelry online from them.
Read the return & exchanges policy
It can happen, when you buy jewelry online, to get a certain piece and realize that you don’t like it so much after all. It’s important to be able to return or exchange that piece, so make sure the website has a clear return & exchange policy. Read the fine print, see if there are costs involved with returning or exchanging the piece. Most websites where you can buy jewelry online are pretty upfront about their policy but, nevertheless, you should make sure.
Use the size guide
It can be tricky to buy jewelry online when we are talking about rings, for example. But this doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t do it. Most websites where you can buy jewelry online feature a size guide for rings. Use it. If you don’t know your ring size, there is no need to guess. Simply take one of your rings, measure it, and consult the size guide.
Take a good look at the photos before you buy jewelry online
Reputable brands will feature nice photos from different angles so that you can assess the jewelry piece. If you only see one photo, you shouldn’t buy from them. Also, pay attention to the quality of the photos. These should look professional and any blurry or low-quality image is a red flag. Buy jewelry online only after you have looked through all the photos and have seen the piece in detail.
Check the description of the product
It is almost needless to say that each jewelry piece should have a description. If it doesn’t, then at least the website should feature the specifications. When you buy jewelry online, you need details about the materials, the gemstones, etc. All these details help you assess the price of the jewelry piece. If, for example, you have your eyes set on a beautiful ring with a blue stone, check the descriptions and the specifications. That gorgeous-looking stone which you think is lapis lazuli could turn out to be dyed plastic, for example. A reputable online jewelry shop will not let you guess the materials but feature them either in the product description or its specifications.
Read the reviews
While this feature isn’t available on all the online jewelry shops, the best ones have it. Allowing people to review their designs helps build trust with the consumer. If you buy jewelry online from a store that has the review feature, you are in good hands. Read those reviews and see what other people have to say about the piece you want to buy.
Is there a warranty?
Again, not all jewelry shops offer a warranty for their creations. However, if they do, this is specified on the product page. It’s a good sign when a jewelry shop offers a warranty because it means that their products are high-quality. When you want to purchase a piece of jewelry, simply scroll down to the end of the product page and see if the shop offers a warranty.
In a nutshell, this is what you should remember when you buy jewelry online. If you follow these rules, you will always get high-quality pieces that will exceed your expectations. And speaking of exceeded expectations, check out Ana Luisa online jewelry shop to view our limited-edition designer creations.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- 4 Things You Need to Know About Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry
- How to Buy Fine Gold Jewelry Depending on Your Needs
- Best Types of Jewelry this Season
- Where to Find the Best Jewelry Sale?
- Our Favorite Freshwater Pearls Jewelry by Ana Luisa
- How to Buy Agate Jewelry
- How to Check the Diamond Quality
- Top 6 Essential Jewelry Pieces for Any Woman
- Discover Our Top Picks for Capricorn Jewelry
- Sagittarius Jewelry Pieces That You Can’t Wait to Try On
- Scorpio Jewelry Pieces that We Love
- Focus on Leo Jewelry – What Are the Right Pieces for You?
- Best Cancer Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- Taurus Jewelry – Which Pieces Define Your Style?
- Aries Jewelry – Discover the Designs that Represent Your Astrological Sign
- Top Pisces Jewelry Designs that You Will Love
- Focus on Aquarius Jewelry – What Should You Get?
- Trending this Season: Zodiac Jewelry
- Trending 14k Gold Jewelry This Season
- Travel Jewelry – The Best Travel Inspired Designs
- Mothers Day Gift Ideas This Year
- Top Ideas for Mothers Day Jewelry
- Our Top Favorite Pink Gemstones
- How to Buy Black Pearls
- Freshwater Pearls vs. The Saltwater Varieties
- What Jewelry to Offer as a Valentines Day Gift
- Ana Luisa’s Most Popular Jewelry
- Our Top Picks for January Jewelry
- What Is Coin Jewelry?
- Valentines Jewelry: Top Gift Ideas
- Most Important Jewelry Trends this Year
- What Gemstone Jewelry Should Your Wear in 2019?
- Jewelry Gift Boxes Ideas for Christmas
- What Makes a Good Jewelry Gift Box?
- How to Find Jewelry Coupon Codes: Mejuri Coupon Code & Others
- Ana Luisa’s Top of the Best Colorless & White Gemstones
- Top Fabulous Red Gemstones
- Everything You Need to Know about Gold Vermeil Jewelry
- Tourmaline Jewelry Buying Guide
- What is ethnic jewelry?
- Topaz Jewelry Buying Guide
- Our Favorite Simple Jewelry Pieces Any Woman Should Have
- How to Buy Lapis Lazuli Jewelry
- Which Are the Best Jewelry Metals for Your Style?
- 14k Gold VS 18k Gold – Which Should You Get?
- Timeless Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- What Is Hypoallergenic Jewelry?
- Top Interesting Cultural Jewelry Pieces
- Garnet Jewelry Buying Guide
- What Is the Winter Jewelry You Need to Have This Season?
- How to Buy Rose Quartz Jewelry
- 5 Reason Why a Jewelry Gift Card is a Great Idea
- How to Buy Malachite Jewelry
- Top Christmas Jewelry Present Ideas
- What To Avoid When Buying Black Friday Jewelry?
- Birthday Jewelry Guide
- How To Start Your Jewelry Collection
- How To Pick Personalized Jewelry
- How To Buy Opal Jewelry
- Everything You Need To Know About Rhodium Plating
- White Gold Jewelry, Rose Gold and Yellow Gold – Which One Is Right for You?
- What Is Ancient Greek Jewelry and How to Buy It?
- What Is Byzantine Jewelry and Why Should You Have Some?
- How many gold colors are there?
- How to buy freshwater pearls
- How to buy Akoya pearls
- How to buy South Sea Pearls
- How to buy Tahitian Pearls
- What to look for when choosing a jewelry box
- What are chocolate diamonds?
- How to buy Moonstone jewelry
- How to buy jade jewelry
- How to spot fake pearls
- What to do if you have a nickel allergy?
- What is Inlay Jewelry?
- Should you buy 10k gold jewelry?
- Top tips when buying amethyst jewelry
- What are the different diamond cuts?
- Top 10 gems used for semi precious stones jewelry
- What is estate jewelry?
- What is art deco jewelry?
- How can you tell if your antique jewelry is worth a lot?
- 7 of the World’s Rarest Gemstones & their value
- Enamel jewelry buying guide
- Discover the most expensive gems in the world
- Top Mom Jewelry Gift Ideas
- Zircon vs cubic zirconia – What is the difference?
- Metal Rings Buying Guide
- White Gold vs Platinum – Do You Know the Difference?
- Silver vs Sterling Silver – What is the difference?
- Rose Gold Jewelry Buying Guide
- Gold dipped jewelry – The difference between vermeil & gold plating
- Gold Plated vs Gold Filled Jewelry: What Is the Difference?
- What you should know about gold plated jewelry