When you’ve only recently fallen in love with jewelry or never seem to have the right jewelry piece, it is time to build a proper jewelry collection. So where should you start? Should you buy precious & semi precious stones jewelry? One of each style might be excessive when you are only just starting your jewelry collection. Better check our list of essentials for your jewelry collection below.
The Bare Essentials
These are the pieces that cannot be missing from your jewelry collection. Without these, your outfits will never be complete.
Clear Stone Studs
A pair of studs with clear stones like diamonds, cubic zirconia or even crystals are the first pair of earrings that you should buy for your jewelry collection. This pair of earrings can be worn with any outfit and to any occasion. Clear stone studs are like your default earrings.
Choose studs that suit your style. If you’re a golden girl, find a pair set in yellow gold. If you’re a diva, go for a large square stone with a barely visible setting. If your style is more minimal, choose a pair of studs in a geometric form.
A matinee necklace trumps a princess length necklace because of its subtle wow factor. When you are looking in the mirror and feel like your outfit needs an upgrade, what your missing is a long necklace.
For this basic element in your collection, choose a simpler matinee necklace. This piece is not your statement piece but your quick solution for a ‘je ne sais quoi’ air.
Choose a thin chain with one interesting element. For example, a few small gemstones, a knot in the design or a small pendant.
This is the pair of earrings you’ll wear when you want to look chic.
Think of your personal style before you add this piece to your collection. Silver threaders look great with a sleek look. Colorful gemstone drop earrings work for the bohemian girl. And if you’re anything but a wallflower than you can go straight for the chandelier earrings.
For Your Daily Jewelry Collection
Aside from the essentials, there are a few more jewelry pieces that you’ll wear on a regular basis. For the daily essentials in your jewelry collection, stick to the basic designs that won’t go out of style.
Hoop earrings are a chic and versatile jewelry piece. Wearing hoop earrings draws attention to your face in a subtle way and livens up any outfit.
Choose a medium sized hoop in either yellow gold or silver. Leave out the adornments. This way you can wear them to literally any occasion, whether it’s that important business meeting or casual drinks with friends.
Everyone should have one piece of jewelry that is like a talisman. Wear your pendant necklace as your talisman and watch how positive energy starts to surround you.
For an active lifestyle, choose a shorter necklace with a small flat pendant. A classic pendant necklace is at princess length. Choose a piece with a delicate yellow gold chain and a gold pendant.
Every girl should have a gemstone ring in their jewelry box. This is the piece that is subtle enough to wear every day yet stunning enough to have people grab your hand for a closer look.
Consider your gemstone ring an investment piece because rings will suffer the most wear and tear. Choose a durable precious metal like white gold with a gemstone that has special meaning to you.
The Statement Pieces
Finally, we have reached the most fun jewelry items to shop for: statement pieces. Statement pieces are the bold items that you wear to transform a look.
A chunky bracelet is the piece in your jewelry collection that will give your look extra drama.
A copper cuff bracelet can give you an eclectic feel but works just as well for vintage looks and edgy styles. For a glamorous or feminine style choose a broad bracelet with lots of diamonds.
A layered necklace is the piece of jewelry that shows you are a pro at styling. Impress everyone without the stress of layering by buying a piece that is already layered.
Go wild with gemstones, beads, feathers even. This is your ultimate statement piece so don’t hold back your jewelry fantasies for your layered necklace. The only rule is that it needs to be wow.
There you go, eight jewelry pieces that cannot be missing from your jewelry collection. Eight is a lucky number so take this as your cue to go shopping now. Want more details on what to look for when shopping for jewelry? We’ve got you. Keep reading through our collection of articles.
Start your jewelry collection with Ana Luisa’s unique designer jewelry creations. Visit our online jewelry shop for more details.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- Top 6 Essential Jewelry Pieces for Any Woman
- Discover Our Top Picks for Capricorn Jewelry
- Sagittarius Jewelry Pieces That You Can’t Wait to Try On
- Scorpio Jewelry Pieces that We Love
- Focus on Leo Jewelry – What Are the Right Pieces for You?
- Best Cancer Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- Taurus Jewelry – Which Pieces Define Your Style?
- Aries Jewelry – Discover the Designs that Represent Your Astrological Sign
- Top Pisces Jewelry Designs that You Will Love
- Focus on Aquarius Jewelry – What Should You Get?
- Trending this Season: Zodiac Jewelry
- Trending 14k Gold Jewelry This Season
- Travel Jewelry – The Best Travel Inspired Designs
- Mothers Day Gift Ideas This Year
- Top Ideas for Mothers Day Jewelry
- Our Top Favorite Pink Gemstones
- How to Buy Black Pearls
- Freshwater Pearls vs. The Saltwater Varieties
- What Jewelry to Offer as a Valentines Day Gift
- Ana Luisa’s Most Popular Jewelry
- Our Top Picks for January Jewelry
- What Is Coin Jewelry?
- Valentines Jewelry: Top Gift Ideas
- Most Important Jewelry Trends this Year
- What Gemstone Jewelry Should Your Wear in 2019?
- Jewelry Gift Boxes Ideas for Christmas
- What Makes a Good Jewelry Gift Box?
- How to Find Jewelry Coupon Codes: Mejuri Coupon Code & Others
- Ana Luisa’s Top of the Best Colorless & White Gemstones
- Top Fabulous Red Gemstones
- Everything You Need to Know about Gold Vermeil Jewelry
- Tourmaline Jewelry Buying Guide
- What is ethnic jewelry?
- Topaz Jewelry Buying Guide
- Our Favorite Simple Jewelry Pieces Any Woman Should Have
- How to Buy Lapis Lazuli Jewelry
- Which Are the Best Jewelry Metals for Your Style?
- 14k Gold VS 18k Gold – Which Should You Get?
- Timeless Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- What Is Hypoallergenic Jewelry?
- Top Interesting Cultural Jewelry Pieces
- Garnet Jewelry Buying Guide
- What Is the Winter Jewelry You Need to Have This Season?
- How to Buy Rose Quartz Jewelry
- 5 Reason Why a Jewelry Gift Card is a Great Idea
- How to Buy Malachite Jewelry
- Top Tips When You Buy Jewelry Online
- Top Christmas Jewelry Present Ideas
- What To Avoid When Buying Black Friday Jewelry?
- Birthday Jewelry Guide
- How To Pick Personalized Jewelry
- How To Buy Opal Jewelry
- Everything You Need To Know About Rhodium Plating
- White Gold Jewelry, Rose Gold and Yellow Gold – Which One Is Right for You?
- What Is Ancient Greek Jewelry and How to Buy It?
- What Is Byzantine Jewelry and Why Should You Have Some?
- How many gold colors are there?
- How to buy freshwater pearls
- How to buy Akoya pearls
- How to buy South Sea Pearls
- How to buy Tahitian Pearls
- What to look for when choosing a jewelry box
- What are chocolate diamonds?
- How to buy Moonstone jewelry
- How to buy jade jewelry
- How to spot fake pearls
- What to do if you have a nickel allergy?
- What is Inlay Jewelry?
- Should you buy 10k gold jewelry?
- Top tips when buying amethyst jewelry
- What are the different diamond cuts?
- Top 10 gems used for semi precious stones jewelry
- What is estate jewelry?
- What is art deco jewelry?
- How can you tell if your antique jewelry is worth a lot?
- 7 of the World’s Rarest Gemstones & their value
- Enamel jewelry buying guide
- Discover the most expensive gems in the world
- Top Mom Jewelry Gift Ideas
- Zircon vs cubic zirconia – What is the difference?
- Metal Rings Buying Guide
- White Gold vs Platinum – Do You Know the Difference?
- Silver vs Sterling Silver – What is the difference?
- Rose Gold Jewelry Buying Guide
- Gold dipped jewelry – The difference between vermeil & gold plating
- Gold Plated vs Gold Filled Jewelry: What Is the Difference?
- What you should know about gold plated jewelry