If you are looking for London jewelers in Manhasset or any other shopping center, there are a couple of things you should know about buying jewelry. NYC jewelry is gorgeous, but there is a science to buying jewelry the right way. Whether you want to buy it for yourself or as a present for somebody dear, you need to follow a couple of simple rules especially since shopping centers can be intimidating and busy. Read further to find out what you need to know before looking for London jewelers in Manhasset.
London jewelers in Manhasset shopping guide
You probably didn’t know there are certain shopping rules when you want to find London jewelers in Manhasset. But if you want to make an informed choice and pay a fair price for your jewelry, read on. We have prepared an interesting buying guide that will help you make the most of your NYC jewelry shopping.
Check out the quality stamps
One of the first rules when looking for London jewelers in Manhasset is to assess the quality stamps on the jewelry pieces. When it comes to rings, look on the inside of the band. Earrings and necklaces show their quality stamps on the back piece, while for bracelets it can be either on the inside or the backing. And what do you need to look at when visiting the London jewelers in Manhasset? There are several stamps or hallmarks that can appear on your jewelry piece.
Jewelry produced in the U.S. requires two types of marks:
- A trademark or a maker’s mark
- A quality stamp that indicates the type of metal
When it comes to the type of metal, there are several standard stamps for each precious metal. Sterling silver is 925, so if you notice these numbers on the jewelry piece, it means that it is silver. Gold, on the other hand, can have many types of stamps. It’s important to know them when visiting the London jewelers in Manhasset.
With gold you either get the U.S. marks or the European ones:
- 10k means that the gold piece has 10 karats. In other words, the jewelry piece you want to buy from the London jewelers in Manhasset contains 41.7% pure gold. Its European hallmark will be 417.
- 14k refers to a gold jewelry piece that has 14 karats. In the European system, that would be 585 because the piece contains 58.5% pure gold.
- 18k can also be marked as 750 in the European system. You guessed it, that’s because an 18k gold jewelry piece contains 75% pure gold.
- 22k means that the piece you want to buy from the London jewelers in Manhasset contains 91.6% pure gold. Its European counterpart will be 916.
With platinum, it’s easier. You can usually see the mark PLAT, 950, 900 or 999.
Ask questions about the gemstones
If you are buying gemstone jewelry from the London jewelers in Manhasset, you should also pay close attention to the gemstone. Evaluate its cut and clarity and ask to see its certificate, if it’s a precious gemstone.
The certificate refers to a grading or a gemological identification report. In this report, you can find information about the stone, whether it is a natural or synthetic one and whether it has received any treatments.
If the certificate you receive from the London jewelers in Manhasset is satisfactory, you should also inspect the setting and be on the watch for loose gemstones. The jeweler can fix this before you buy it. However, if you purchase the jewelry piece and the stone falls and gets lost, it will be very difficult to prove that the setting was damaged when you bought it.
Last, but not least, ask to see jewelry piece through a loupe. Most of the London jewelers in Manhasset will offer you this possibility because they want you to be happy with your purchase.
Don’t forget to ask about the warranty & returns
All respectable London jewelers in Manhasset will offer you a warranty for the pieces you’ve bought. But you should read carefully what the warranty policy includes. Some NYC jewelers also offer annual cleaning and revision on the piece, which is great. This means that you will be able to take the piece to the jewelry shop so that the jeweler can look for loose stones and other problems.
When it comes to returns, make sure you know the shop’s return policy before buying anything, especially if it is a present. Also, keep in mind that platinum rings can’t be resized. So if you are thinking of getting a ring for somebody dear, but you don’t know their exact size, don’t buy platinum unless the store has a good return policy.
If you enjoyed finding out about London jewelers in Manhasset, check out our other articles as well. We publish daily articles that contain a lot of information. From jewelry styling to buying guides and care & maintenance tips, you will find everything you need to know about jewelry on this blog.
Also, don’t forget to visit Ana Luisa online jewelry shop. In our NYC jewelry collections, you will find unique designer pieces that will become your favorites in no time. We specialize in creating unique jewelry for bold women with a great fashion sense. Visit our online jewelry shop and see for yourself.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- Houston Jewelers Top Styling Tips for A Night Out
- Boston Jewelers & Silver Jewelry in 2019
- Portland jewelers tips for buying jewelry
- Best Paris Jewelry Upcoming Trends in 2019
- Top Jewelry Styling Advice from Dallas Jewelers
- White Metal Fine Jewelry Buying Tips from San Jose Jewelers
- Gold Jewelry Buying Tips from NYC Jewelers
- Which Houston Jewelry Is Right for You?
- What You Need to Know about Phoenix jewelry
- 4 NYC Jewelry Pieces that You Need to Have
- 6 Jewelry Tips to Take Away from the London Jewelers
- New York Jewelry Designers & the Best Jewelry Trends this Year
- Top Tips When Checking Out the New York Jewelry Stores
- Finding the Best New York Jewelers in Chicago
- How to Sell Gold Jewelry and Get a Fair Price
- How to Clean Costume Jewelry
- Oscar Jewelry: Top of the Most Fabulous
- How To Wear Men Jewelry
- What Halloween Jewelry to Wear to the Party?
- Celebrity Jewelry Styles for this Winter
- Top famous jewelry in history
- What is sea glass jewelry?
- Top mistakes to avoid when buying costume jewelry
- Top 8 Most Expensive Celebrity Jewelry
- Top Jewelry Affiliate Programs