When you like your jewelry to carry meaning or when you are looking for a personal present for that special person in your life, personalized jewelry is what you’re looking for. Whether you buy precious or semi precious stones jewelry, personalized creations are extra special because no one else will have the same piece. And we like to be a little extra sometimes, don’t we ladies? Scroll down for inspiration on how to personalize your jewelry.
Subtle Pop of Color
Birthstones are a subtle and pretty way to wear personalized jewelry. You can add your birthstone to a bracelet, wear it as a pendant necklace or create drop earrings with the gemstone.
The birthstone doesn’t necessarily have to be your own. You could also choose to wear the birthstone of someone dear to you like your grandmother or your boyfriend. Simply do a quick online search to find a birthstone chart.
Wearing two birthstones is another romantic jewelry idea. It can be a way to show your bond with someone but still keep it more low key than wearing their name on a necklace.
You could incorporate your birthstone and your fiancee’s birthstone in an unconventional engagement ring. Or show that you and your sister are two peas in a pod with a matching bracelet that holds both your birthstones.
Forever Engraved in Gold
Engravings are the most popular form of personalized jewelry for a couple. Many couples will choose to engrave their wedding band. Common engravings are names, the wedding date or a short phrase that has significance to the couple.
You don’t have to wait to get married to have your jewelry engraved. Engraving other pieces of jewelry will look just as pretty. A cuff bracelet is a perfect backdrop for engraving. Wider pendants like a dog tag or bar are also ideal elements for engraving.
Engravings work best on precious metals like gold, silver, and platinum. Alternatively, you could have a leather jewelry piece carved with lettering for an edgier style.
Another subtle way to create personalized jewelry is by having your own logo. Think of a symbol that characterizes you. This could be anything from a four-leaf clover to show your Irish heritage to your spirit animal or a paintbrush because you’re an artist. Whichever symbol you feel a strong connection with could become your personal logo.
A logo can be stamped onto jewelry pieces to create personalized jewelry. You can stamp your personal logo on a solid gold ring or have the logo stamped unto silver studs.
Lockets: Traditional Jewelry
If you have a classic look then lockets are the jewelry pieces that will compliment your style. Lockets make a necklace more intricate and give your look a vintage touch.
Traditionally, a photo is placed inside the locket. Placing a photo of a baby inside a locket makes this a beautiful present for mothers. Even a mother whose children are already teenagers will appreciate the memories a baby photo holds. You are welcome, you just got your mother’s day present sorted.
Name the Wearer
Name necklaces and bracelets are making a comeback in jewelry trends. If you don’t want the full name then initials work too. This is the classic example of personalized jewelry and we still love it.
You can personalize a bracelet with your own name, wear your boyfriend’s initial on a pendant necklace or engrave a ring with your maiden name. A new trend in jewelry features hoop earrings with your name on them. This is a stylish way to show your confidence.
Personalized Jewelry without Adjustments
If you prefer your personalized jewelry to be ready-made, there are still options for you. For example, a charm bracelet is a very personal piece that doesn’t require any extra work from your jeweler. Simply shop for the charms that symbolize what matters to you.
Many costume jewelry brands will also release a line that is designed to be worn in pairs. Think of friendship necklaces with pendants that join together or friendship bracelets. These jewelry pieces represent a thoughtful present for when someone’s birthday comes around.
Another way to create personalized jewelry that doesn’t require extra work from your jeweler is to stack ready-made jewelry pieces. By that, we mean that your own combination of layered necklaces or set of stacked rings is a way to personalize your jewelry. What matters is what each individual piece means to you.
Have you decided what’s going to be your choice for personalized jewelry? Don’t be shy to express yourself with jewelry and stand out. Personalized jewelry is all about showing pride in yourself. Need more jewelry inspiration? Read our other articles as well.
By the way, don’t forget to check out Ana Luisa’s unique designer jewelry collections to view limited-edition pieces at fair prices.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- Top 6 Essential Jewelry Pieces for Any Woman
- Discover Our Top Picks for Capricorn Jewelry
- Sagittarius Jewelry Pieces That You Can’t Wait to Try On
- Scorpio Jewelry Pieces that We Love
- Focus on Leo Jewelry – What Are the Right Pieces for You?
- Best Cancer Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- Taurus Jewelry – Which Pieces Define Your Style?
- Aries Jewelry – Discover the Designs that Represent Your Astrological Sign
- Top Pisces Jewelry Designs that You Will Love
- Focus on Aquarius Jewelry – What Should You Get?
- Trending this Season: Zodiac Jewelry
- Trending 14k Gold Jewelry This Season
- Travel Jewelry – The Best Travel Inspired Designs
- Mothers Day Gift Ideas This Year
- Top Ideas for Mothers Day Jewelry
- Our Top Favorite Pink Gemstones
- How to Buy Black Pearls
- Freshwater Pearls vs. The Saltwater Varieties
- What Jewelry to Offer as a Valentines Day Gift
- Ana Luisa’s Most Popular Jewelry
- Our Top Picks for January Jewelry
- What Is Coin Jewelry?
- Valentines Jewelry: Top Gift Ideas
- Most Important Jewelry Trends this Year
- What Gemstone Jewelry Should Your Wear in 2019?
- Jewelry Gift Boxes Ideas for Christmas
- What Makes a Good Jewelry Gift Box?
- How to Find Jewelry Coupon Codes: Mejuri Coupon Code & Others
- Ana Luisa’s Top of the Best Colorless & White Gemstones
- Top Fabulous Red Gemstones
- Everything You Need to Know about Gold Vermeil Jewelry
- Tourmaline Jewelry Buying Guide
- What is ethnic jewelry?
- Topaz Jewelry Buying Guide
- Our Favorite Simple Jewelry Pieces Any Woman Should Have
- How to Buy Lapis Lazuli Jewelry
- Which Are the Best Jewelry Metals for Your Style?
- 14k Gold VS 18k Gold – Which Should You Get?
- Timeless Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- What Is Hypoallergenic Jewelry?
- Top Interesting Cultural Jewelry Pieces
- Garnet Jewelry Buying Guide
- What Is the Winter Jewelry You Need to Have This Season?
- How to Buy Rose Quartz Jewelry
- 5 Reason Why a Jewelry Gift Card is a Great Idea
- How to Buy Malachite Jewelry
- Top Tips When You Buy Jewelry Online
- Top Christmas Jewelry Present Ideas
- What To Avoid When Buying Black Friday Jewelry?
- Birthday Jewelry Guide
- How To Start Your Jewelry Collection
- How To Buy Opal Jewelry
- Everything You Need To Know About Rhodium Plating
- White Gold Jewelry, Rose Gold and Yellow Gold – Which One Is Right for You?
- What Is Ancient Greek Jewelry and How to Buy It?
- What Is Byzantine Jewelry and Why Should You Have Some?
- How many gold colors are there?
- How to buy freshwater pearls
- How to buy Akoya pearls
- How to buy South Sea Pearls
- How to buy Tahitian Pearls
- What to look for when choosing a jewelry box
- What are chocolate diamonds?
- How to buy Moonstone jewelry
- How to buy jade jewelry
- How to spot fake pearls
- What to do if you have a nickel allergy?
- What is Inlay Jewelry?
- Should you buy 10k gold jewelry?
- Top tips when buying amethyst jewelry
- What are the different diamond cuts?
- Top 10 gems used for semi precious stones jewelry
- What is estate jewelry?
- What is art deco jewelry?
- How can you tell if your antique jewelry is worth a lot?
- 7 of the World’s Rarest Gemstones & their value
- Enamel jewelry buying guide
- Discover the most expensive gems in the world
- Top Mom Jewelry Gift Ideas
- Zircon vs cubic zirconia – What is the difference?
- Metal Rings Buying Guide
- White Gold vs Platinum – Do You Know the Difference?
- Silver vs Sterling Silver – What is the difference?
- Rose Gold Jewelry Buying Guide
- Gold dipped jewelry – The difference between vermeil & gold plating
- Gold Plated vs Gold Filled Jewelry: What Is the Difference?
- What you should know about gold plated jewelry