Edgy, fabulous and bound to attract attention, the gold cross necklace is very hot at the moment. From all-metal subtle necklaces to statement or gemstone pieces, the gold cross necklace has gained an important momentum in the jewelry fashion world. If you want to buy fashion necklaces and add this vibrant piece to your jewelry collection, read further to discover what type of gold cross necklace is right for you.
Yellow, white or rose gold cross necklace?
The first step in choosing a gold necklace is figuring out what color it should be. Think about your wardrobe and your personal style.
If most of your pieces are black or dark colored and you own a couple of studded bracelets and linear drop earrings, then you would surely love a white gold cross necklace. White gold is the favorite of contemporary women who love clean cuts and statement pieces.
On the other hand, if you have a lot of vintage pieces, brightly colored outfits, as well as a large collection of drop earrings, hoops, and gemstone cuff bracelets, go with yellow gold. A yellow gold necklace will look fabulous on you and you will be able to match it with your hoops, patterned skirts, and vibrant T-shirts.
Last, but not least, if your wardrobe features a majority of pastel pieces, chiffon shirts, and flowery dresses, choose a rose gold cross necklace. A feminine and romantic color, this rose gold necklace will go great with your flower stud earrings, pearl rings, and charm bracelets.
Of course, if you want to make a bold statement and get outside the box, you can also choose a cross necklace that features more types of gold. There are many white & yellow gold cross necklaces on the market, but you can also find other combinations of gold.
Sleek & polished or detailed?
Take a good look at the pendant and imagine you wearing it. Usually, with gold cross necklaces, there are two types of pendants: the ones that feature a stylized cross and the ones that feature a lot of detail.
In the first case, you will find simple gold cross necklaces, with just the T-shape of the cross. The cross can either be full or just its outline. In the second case, you will notice a lot of detail. A gold cross necklace can feature the Christ figure in detail, or just the cross with rounded corners, patterns, and motifs.
Obviously, a simple gold cross necklace works great with patterns and single-colored shirts as well, while a detail piece doesn’t look great with busy shirts or T-shirts. From this point of view, the simple cross necklace is more versatile but, of course, it is up to you what you choose.
The size of a gold cross necklace
You can find this fabulous necklace in every size. From small & subtle necklaces to chunky cross pieces, there is a lot of variety with this jewelry piece. If you are planning to wear your cross necklace with oversized hoops, then we recommend getting a small, simple one.
On the other hand, if you want to wear it with studs and single-colored outfits, then you are safe to try this look with a chunky gold cross necklace. Just remember to maintain the balance.
For everyday wear, however, we recommend a subtle cross necklace. You can choose a simple one or one with lots of detail, but it is best to wear a small or medium-sized piece. A statement cross may not be very appropriate for work or business meetings.
All-metal or gemstones?
As you probably know, gold cross necklaces can also feature gemstones. Most gemstone cross necklaces have either colorless gems, like diamonds and clear crystals, or stones with vibrant colors, like rubies, sapphires, and amethysts.
While an all-metal gold cross necklace can be ideal for everyday wear, depending on its size, a gemstone piece will not be appropriate for work or business meetings. If you want a versatile necklace, choose a simple metal one as opposed to one that features gemstones. If, on the other hand, you want a statement piece, a crystal or diamond gemstone cross necklace will bring that extra-sparkle you are looking for.
The gold cross necklace is a powerful jewelry piece and a great fashion statement. While some people get it for religious purposes, others simply love it for the elegance and edge it brings. You don’t have to be religious to wear one, you just have to love fashion and be ready to always try new trends.
If you enjoyed reading this article, we have a great selection of other informative articles on this blog. Check them out. To view our unique necklaces collections, visit Ana Luisa online jewelry shop and discover limited-edition designer pieces.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- The Surprising Tanzanite Necklace – 6 Facts
- 6 Fascinating Facts about the Opal Necklace
- 5 Reasons to Buy an Aquamarine Necklace
- 5 Facts You Didn’t Know about the Citrine Necklace
- 5 Things to Consider When Buying a Sapphire Necklace
- 5 Facts You Need to Know When Buying a Peridot Necklace
- 4 Reasons Why You Need an Amethyst Necklace
- Focus on the Garnet Necklace – Jewelry Know-How
- 5 Reasons Why a Birthstone Necklace Should Not Miss from Your Jewelry Collection
- What Is Your Style for the Gold Pendant Necklace?
- Which Beaded Necklace Should You Get?
- Which Type of Pearl Necklace Should You Buy?
- What Is a Nature Necklace & Which Are the Top Nature-Inspired Designs This Year?
- Top Lucky Charm Necklace Ideas
- What Is an Amulet Necklace?
- Collar Necklace Buying Guide
- Which Type of Crucifix Necklace Is Best For You?
- What is the right type of solid gold necklace for you?
- Identifying a fake gold chain necklace
- Pendant Necklace buying guide
- Semi precious stone necklace buying guide
- Tell Me Your Sign – Zodiac Necklace
- Choker Necklace Buying Guide
- Black Pearl Necklace – What is it?
- Gold Necklaces Chain Buying Guide
- Where to Buy Compass Necklace?