I’m going to be quite frank: boho style is not for everyone. It takes those who are fearless, independent, confident, and somewhat rebellious to truly pull off this unconventional look. Boho style has been a major trend in recent years. It continues to be a look many women crave for music festivals, a night out, or for an everyday boho-chic look. Perhaps even more popular is the use of boho earrings incorporated into everyday ensembles.
Where Did Boho Earrings Come From?
Let’s be clear, the boho earrings craze did not just appear out of the blue; the bohemian style has been around for hundreds of years. To better understand and wear Bohemian style jewelry, let’s look a little further into where it came from. The term “bohemian” was first used in the 19th century to describe poor French artists. These artists were often compared to the roaming “gypsies” or the “romany”. After the French Revolution, artists were forced to live a minimalist lifestyle and were often rejected by society all the while being considered unfashionable.
In short, bohemians steered away from the dominant culture and pursued lives of simplicity. This was shown through their loose, colorful (mostly used) clothing, long hair, creativity, layered and often mismatched jewelry, and ability to stand out from the crowd. The bohemians were the outcasts of their time, usually indifferent to social structures and traditions. There have been several bohemian fashion phases throughout history from the Hippie Movement in the late 1960’s to the modern bohemian style commonly known today as “boho-chic”. Vanessa Hudgens, Zendaya, and Alexa Chung are just a few celebrities who have proven to rock this boho-chic look, but how can you? With a few helpful steps and some modifications to your wardrobe, you can achieve the trendy bohemian look you ever-so desire. Take these suggestions and feel free to add onto them to cater to your personal style!
There are many ways you can show off your individual boho style all year ‘round. From patterned jumpsuits, fringe jackets, to leather vests and embroidered blouses, you will be sure to find something to suit your needs. To do the boho-chic look justice, you will need the right jewelry pieces no matter the season. Boho earrings are a must-have staple to top off a true boho look. The necessary jewelry dictate the overall appeal of your look and will essentially be the icing on the cake.
How to Rock Boho Earrings?
A boho-chic look should appear relaxed and nonchalant yet stylish. To maximize the versatility in your wardrobe, you can never go wrong with the Betty silver earrings. These boho earrings will enhance your outfit with the full boho-chic appearance. These drop-down earrings are a sculptural piece that offer a tribal-like look to your overall ensemble. Pair these stunning earrings with a white, flowy, long-sleeved mini dress, fringe suede booties, and a colorful headwrap – you will instantly look whimsical and confident in your new outfit!
How to Pair Boho Earrings in Hippie-Boho Style?
Accessories come first when obtaining the full hippie, boho style! The boho Hannah earrings are an iconic addition to any hippie boho ensemble. Its pressed, gold brushed texture, and use of shapes add just the right statement to your overall look. Pair these stunning earrings with a flowy maxi dress, beach waves, lace-up sandals and an embroidered vest for the ultimate hippie boho look. If you want a more layered look, you can always add stacked gold bangles.
Not into Colors?
Some may think: I am totally in love with the boho look, but not a fan of colors or textures. If this is you, the Indie-Boho look is what you need. The Indie-boho look incorporates earthy tones such as browns, dark greens, denim, camel tones and shades of burgundy. These neutral colors give more of a chill, low-key vibe while also revealing your fashion-forward sense of style. One way to get this look is by pairing the Celia silver earrings with a button up denim skirt, black tights, a tucked-in oversized blouse, and a floppy hat. Also, don’t be afraid to add some fringe into your look for that extra little boho touch.
Great! Now you have some boho styles to keep in mind. Pick one or all that best suit you and go out there and kill it! Comment your favorite style to wear and/or any recommendations you have for those trying a boho look.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- Which Simple Gold Earrings Work for You
- Getting Trendy with Small Hoop Earrings & Ear Cuffs
- 4 Large Hoop Earrings that You Can’t Wait to Try On
- 5 Styles of Huggie Earrings that You Need to Try This Year
- 6 Gold Drop Earrings to Wear with This Year’s Color
- 3 Ideas for Styling Natural Pearl Earrings
- Best Enamel Earrings to Wear this Season
- 6 Fabulous Ideas to Style Your Sterling Silver Earrings
- 5 Unique Earrings by Ana Luisa & How to Style Them
- Top 3 Colored Pearl Drop Earrings
- How to Style Shell Earrings
- The Mismatched Earrings Trend & Pearl Earrings
- What Are Cluster Earrings?
- Crystal Stud Earrings for Any Occasion
- Top Styling Ideas for 14K Gold Stud Earrings
- How to Style Pearl Drop Earrings
- How to Style Colorful Earrings
- How to Style Wood Earrings
- Trending This Season: The White Gold Hoops
- Top 5 Outfit Ideas to Try with Hoop Earrings
- How to Wear Ball Drop Earrings
- The Hottest Winter Trend: Ball Stud Earrings
- Which Style of Drop Earrings Is the Best for You?
- How To Wear Chandelier Earrings
- How To Style White Gold Earrings
- How to wear silver earrings
- How to style gold plated earrings
- Celebrities wearing mismatched earrings
- Best Gold Hoop Earrings styles of 2018
- How to stack earrings & be fabulous
- How and Where to Wear Your Diamond Earrings
- Pump it Up: Pom-pom Earrings
- What are Statement Earrings and How to Wear Them
- Jewelry Favorites: Crystal Earrings
- Summer Trend Alert: Tassel Earrings
- Top 5 gold plated earrings for this summer
- How to wear gold hoop earrings
- How to wear mismatched earrings?