There are many types of drop earrings. From lavish chandelier earrings to playful tassels, jewelry designers around the world have shown us just how much creativity drop earrings inspire. With so many options, it’s no wonder that sometimes you don’t know what to choose. Don’t worry about it. We are here to help and, by the time you finish reading this article, you will know exactly which drop earrings style is the right one for you and how to style earrings. Read further to find out.
The pearl drop earrings
Also known as teardrop earrings, pearl drops are an elegant, feminine and classic style. They are not very long and they usually feature a gemstone that hangs just below the earlobe. Pearl drops look gorgeous with elegant gowns, statement necklaces, and classy bracelets.
When choosing a pair of rings, there are two thing you need to consider – your personal style and your face shape. Pearl drops look wonderful with heart-shaped faces or oval face types as well. Usually, women who love teardrop earrings have a classic and elegant style. If your favorite clothes are silk blouses, lace dresses, and tailored trousers, then you will love pearl drop earrings.
The chandelier earrings
As opposed to pearl drop earrings, chandeliers are voluminous and designed to attract attention. They are the favorite statement earrings for formal events. Chandelier earrings can be very long, but this doesn’t mean that they have to reach the shoulder. You can find chandelier earrings in different lengths but what defines them is that they are always statement earrings.
This style of drop earrings looks especially great with the inverted triangle face shape, as it adds more volume to the bottom part of your face. They also look great with a heart-shaped face but, if your face type of oblong, avoid chandelier earrings and focus on other styles instead. If you love to make a statement and your fashion choices are bold and contemporary, chandelier earrings are exactly what you need. However, when wearing them, leave your necklace at home. These statement earrings look great on their own and you don’t want to have them clash with your necklace.
The linear drop earrings
You may have heard of threaders, but they are the same thing. Linear drops are, usually, long earrings with a single thread that hangs beautifully below your earlobe. Linear drop earrings can feature gemstones or they can be all-metal.
Women with round faces love this type of earrings because it helps elongate their features. However, if you have an oblong face type, avoid them as these earrings have a design meant to create the sensation of a longer face. And while pearl drop earrings and chandeliers focus more on the elegance, linear drop earrings are also great for everyday wear. To make a comparison, they are the studs of drop earrings, which means that they are the most versatile style. If you have a smart-casual style and love to feel comfortable while also wearing clothes with a contemporary edge, linear drops are what you need.
The geometric drop earrings
This style is contemporary and edgy. Geometric drop earrings feature different shapes and have a polished clean look. Usually, because of their futuristic design, they don’t feature gemstones and have a metallic shine.
Women with an oblong or round face love geometric drop earrings are they sharpen the features and create an elegant and beautiful effect. If you have a unique fashion style and love to experiment with new trends, geometric drop earrings are the right choice for you.
The tassel earrings
Tassels have become a great jewelry trend and it seems as if they are here to stay. Playful, chic and sexy, tassel earrings dangle beautifully and attract attention.
When it comes to the face shape, tassel earrings look great with almost any face type. They add more volume to the inverted triangle and heart-shaped faces, help elongate round face types and soften the square type. However, as they are very similar to linear drop earrings, women with oblong faces should avoid this type of earrings. Tassel earrings are great for women with a fresh and playful style, who love to dress in colorful outfits.
The ball drop earrings
Ball drops are still geometric earrings, but they focus on the round shape. They can feature a single oversized disc or multiple circles. They have a very elegant and creative vibe and look gorgeous with long and simple necklaces, like the lariat.
Ball drop earrings are ideal for women with square faces as they create a contrast and soften the features. Women with oblong or oval faces can wear them as well, but those of you with round face types should avoid them. Ball drop earrings are versatile and look great with a sharp suit, as well as with a strapless summer dress.
Now that you know more about drop earrings, you can go ahead and shop for the perfect pair of earrings for you. To learn more about jewelry, read our other articles as well.
Also, don’t forget to visit Ana Luisa’s unique earrings collections where you will find limited-edition designer creations. Happy shopping!
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- Which Simple Gold Earrings Work for You
- Getting Trendy with Small Hoop Earrings & Ear Cuffs
- 4 Large Hoop Earrings that You Can’t Wait to Try On
- 5 Styles of Huggie Earrings that You Need to Try This Year
- 6 Gold Drop Earrings to Wear with This Year’s Color
- 3 Ideas for Styling Natural Pearl Earrings
- Best Enamel Earrings to Wear this Season
- 6 Fabulous Ideas to Style Your Sterling Silver Earrings
- 5 Unique Earrings by Ana Luisa & How to Style Them
- Top 3 Colored Pearl Drop Earrings
- How to Style Shell Earrings
- The Mismatched Earrings Trend & Pearl Earrings
- What Are Cluster Earrings?
- Crystal Stud Earrings for Any Occasion
- Top Styling Ideas for 14K Gold Stud Earrings
- How to Style Pearl Drop Earrings
- How to Style Colorful Earrings
- How to Style Wood Earrings
- Trending This Season: The White Gold Hoops
- Top 5 Outfit Ideas to Try with Hoop Earrings
- How to Wear Ball Drop Earrings
- The Hottest Winter Trend: Ball Stud Earrings
- How To Wear Chandelier Earrings
- How To Style White Gold Earrings
- How to wear silver earrings
- How to style gold plated earrings
- Celebrities wearing mismatched earrings
- Best Gold Hoop Earrings styles of 2018
- How to stack earrings & be fabulous
- How and Where to Wear Your Diamond Earrings
- Pump it Up: Pom-pom Earrings
- What are Statement Earrings and How to Wear Them
- Jewelry Favorites: Crystal Earrings
- Summer Trend Alert: Tassel Earrings
- Boho Earrings: What are they and how can I rock them?
- Top 5 gold plated earrings for this summer
- How to wear gold hoop earrings
- How to wear mismatched earrings?