Cute, stylish and versatile, huggie earrings are one of the hottest trends of the year. If last year was all about big hoops, this year we get more subtle but equally chic with huggies. Want to know more about huggie earrings and how to wear them? Then keep on reading because we have selected our favorite five designs. Find out how to style different types of earrings and how to wear your huggies like a true fashion icon.
What are huggie earrings?
Huggies are, usually, small hoops with a special design. They are named like this because, when you are wearing them, it looks as if they are embracing your ear lobes. But since they have become an important trend, the designs have much diversified. You can find gold or silver huggies, simple or with gemstones, circular or freeform. The one thing all huggie styles have in common is the fact that they look stunning.
Another great thing about huggie earrings is that they are versatile. You can wear them to the office and style them with other minimal jewelry, but you can also wear them when you are going out. In truth, there is no limit of when or how to wear your huggies and we love the creativity they allow for. This being said, let’s take a look at our favorite five designs and get inspired. Read on to see our personal top and discover ideas for styling huggie earrings.
5 irresistible styles for huggie earrings
Before we get started, let’s take a moment to talk about your personal style. Each woman has a unique style and loves certain jewelry designs. Some women prefer delicate pieces, while others love making a statement with chunky jewelry. However, regardless of your usual preferences, huggies are for everybody. Yes, even for those of you who are set on large, bold hoops.
When wearing a statement jewelry piece, like a chunky necklace or a big cuff bracelet, you also need what we call supporting pieces. You can’t shower yourself in big jewelry, can you? Wearing a statement necklace with a chunky cuff bracelet, a cocktail ring and a pair of oversized hoops is a faux-pas. However, wearing that exact statement necklace with a pair of delicate huggie earrings is a big do. Get our point? Ok, then let’s check out what huggie design matches your personal style.
Simple solid gold huggie hoops
If you are looking for a versatile jewelry piece, then go for these simple solid gold mini hoops. Handcrafted in solid 14k gold, these hoops are great to wear with other minimal jewelry or even layer with other earrings.
Wear these mini hoops mismatched when you want to get an edgy look. One of the best ideas is to wear a hoop on one year and a contrasting, linear drop earrings in your other ear. However, make sure your earrings are of the same metal to create a cohesive look.
Delicate pearl huggies
These super stylish gold huggie earrings with a natural pearl charm are simply fabulous. We love the way they embrace the ear lobe while the lustrous pearl charm floats beautifully alongside. So if you are in the market for a pair of extra-feminine huggies with gemstones, get Ana Luisa’s Frida earrings.
Pull your hair back when you are wearing these huggie earrings so that the pearls are not obscured by the hair strands. Also, accessorize them with solid colors as opposed to patterns if you don’t want to distract from the delicate luster of the pearls.
Sparkling gold huggies
Looking for a little extra in your huggie earrings? Then what about this stunning pair handcrafted in sterling silver and dipped in gold? Lightweight and featuring a cubic zirconia gemstone, these are the huggies you want to wear with your diamond necklace.
Notice the celestial-inspired design of these gorgeous earrings. Create a fab look by following the celestial theme. Accessorize these gemstone earrings with a moonstone necklace and a ring with a star or sun design. Tell a story through your jewelry and take your styling power to the next level.
Gold ball huggie hoops
If you love wearing quirky jewelry, then these gold huggie earrings are for you. They have a very sleek feel and a unique & contemporary design. Plus, they look great with a glam-rock outfit, but also with a sharp suit.
Complement these fab huggies with a chunky link necklace. Take it one step further with a matching link bracelet, but don’t wear any rings. Instead, wear nail polish in a vibrant and unusual color, like turquoise or shocking pink.
Good luck huggie earrings
If you ask us when wearing huggies you can already feel lucky, regardless of the design, as they are so adorable. However, our Cruz earrings feature actual good luck charms. Handcrafted in sterling silver with a thick gold layer and a sparkling inner gemstone, these earrings are everything you need to have a fantastic day.
Go big on the sparkle. Choose only clear gemstone jewelry and wear precious materials like silk or velvet. Avoid patterns and let your jewelry do the talking.
If you enjoyed reading this article, then go ahead and browse through our other articles. Get inspired by Ana Luisa’s styling tips and have fun trying various combinations. To get any of the earrings featured in this article and see more unique gold huggies, visit Ana Luisa online jewelry shop.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- 6 Gold Drop Earrings to Wear with This Year’s Color
- 3 Ideas for Styling Natural Pearl Earrings
- Best Enamel Earrings to Wear this Season
- 6 Fabulous Ideas to Style Your Sterling Silver Earrings
- 5 Unique Earrings by Ana Luisa & How to Style Them
- Top 3 Colored Pearl Drop Earrings
- How to Style Shell Earrings
- The Mismatched Earrings Trend & Pearl Earrings
- What Are Cluster Earrings?
- Crystal Stud Earrings for Any Occasion
- Top Styling Ideas for 14K Gold Stud Earrings
- How to Style Pearl Drop Earrings
- How to Style Colorful Earrings
- How to Style Wood Earrings
- Trending This Season: The White Gold Hoops
- Top 5 Outfit Ideas to Try with Hoop Earrings
- How to Wear Ball Drop Earrings
- The Hottest Winter Trend: Ball Stud Earrings
- Which Style of Drop Earrings Is the Best for You?
- How To Wear Chandelier Earrings
- How To Style White Gold Earrings
- How to wear silver earrings
- How to style gold plated earrings
- Celebrities wearing mismatched earrings
- Best Gold Hoop Earrings styles of 2018
- How to stack earrings & be fabulous
- How and Where to Wear Your Diamond Earrings
- Pump it Up: Pom-pom Earrings
- What are Statement Earrings and How to Wear Them
- Jewelry Favorites: Crystal Earrings
- Summer Trend Alert: Tassel Earrings
- Boho Earrings: What are they and how can I rock them?
- Top 5 gold plated earrings for this summer
- How to wear gold hoop earrings
- How to wear mismatched earrings?