Diamond earrings are a dream come true for many women. Diamond jewelry, in general, is very elegant and high-quality. Whether you have a pair of diamond studs, clusters or chandeliers, they will feel and look gorgeous on you. But, as with any other jewelry, you need to learn how to wear them so that you make the most of these exquisite pieces of jewelry. Ana Luisa’s jewelry stylists have created this article for you to teach you how to wear your diamond earrings. Read further to discover great styling ideas and rules for diamond jewelry.
Types of diamond earrings
One of the most popular types of diamond earrings are the diamond studs. They are tiny, versatile and classy. A diamond stud features a diamond in a setting. You put this earring on using its post and secure it with its back piece. To make the most of your diamond studs, wear them with a relaxed updo or short hair.
Another popular type of diamond earrings are the dangle earrings. In this category, you can also have the chandelier diamond earrings which are very elegant. Dangle earrings look great with a half-bun or other similar type of hairstyle.
Last, but not least, many women love the diamond hoops. These earrings are round hoop earrings that feature diamonds in a channel setting. With this type of earrings, you can let your hair down and let them peak beautifully through your hair strands.
When to wear diamond earrings
Once again, it depends on the style of your earrings. Diamond studs, for example, are great for everyday wear. They are subtle enough to match any occasion but elegant enough to offer your style a refined touch. In case you were wondering, you can take your diamond studs to work or to a night out with your friends.
Diamond hoops can also be versatile, depending on their size. If you own a pair of tiny diamond hoop earrings, then it’s safe to wear them whenever and wherever you want. Large hoops, on the other hand, and more voluminous styles are not ideal for everyday wear. They are more suited for formal occasions.
What jewelry to match with diamond earrings
A great thing about diamonds is that they work well with other types of jewelry. Diamond earrings, for example, look great with a sapphire ring or an emerald pendant. However, you have to be careful not to overdo it.
A simple rule to follow when wearing diamond earrings is to keep your other jewelry simple. Forget about statement pieces or multi-stone bracelets. Diamonds look amazing with platinum and gold, so a good idea is to wear minimal gold, white gold or platinum jewelry. You can wear a platinum lariat and a simple white gold band to let your earrings shine. You can also wear a simple silver bracelet and a diamond ring to match your earrings. Whatever you choose, keep in mind that your earrings should be the center of attention.
When it comes to other gemstones, diamonds work best with precious stones like rubies and sapphires. They also look fabulous with pearls but don’t work so well with semi-precious stones. Also, if you are wearing too many gemstones, you could easily ruin your look. Avoid gemstones jewelry when you are wearing diamond earrings and you should be fine.
What outfits to wear with diamond earrings
While you can wear your beautiful diamond earrings with most of your outfits, depending on their style, some colors and lines will emphasize them better.
For example, diamonds work wonderfully with black or dark blue. An all-black outfit with a pair of diamond earrings will offer your style an extra sparkle. A deep V or a boat neckline will also make your earrings stand out, especially if you aren’t wearing any necklace.
If you’d rather wear something more casual, you can always try matching your diamond studs with a simple single-colored blouse and a pair of dark pants.
What to look for when buying diamond earrings
Last, but not least, it’s important to know what to look for when you want to purchase a pair of diamond earrings. Things like cut and clarity give the value of a diamond, so take a little bit of time to research them. We have prepared an excellent article for you regarding the cut and clarity of gemstones, so click this link if you want to find out more about it.
For more jewelry advice, make sure to read our other articles as well. At Ana Luisa, we believe in offering our clients all the information they need to make an informed choice and have a great style. Discover our designer fine jewelry collections!
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- 5 Styles of Huggie Earrings that You Need to Try This Year
- 6 Gold Drop Earrings to Wear with This Year’s Color
- 3 Ideas for Styling Natural Pearl Earrings
- Best Enamel Earrings to Wear this Season
- 6 Fabulous Ideas to Style Your Sterling Silver Earrings
- 5 Unique Earrings by Ana Luisa & How to Style Them
- Top 3 Colored Pearl Drop Earrings
- How to Style Shell Earrings
- The Mismatched Earrings Trend & Pearl Earrings
- What Are Cluster Earrings?
- Crystal Stud Earrings for Any Occasion
- Top Styling Ideas for 14K Gold Stud Earrings
- How to Style Pearl Drop Earrings
- How to Style Colorful Earrings
- How to Style Wood Earrings
- Trending This Season: The White Gold Hoops
- Top 5 Outfit Ideas to Try with Hoop Earrings
- How to Wear Ball Drop Earrings
- The Hottest Winter Trend: Ball Stud Earrings
- Which Style of Drop Earrings Is the Best for You?
- How To Wear Chandelier Earrings
- How To Style White Gold Earrings
- How to wear silver earrings
- How to style gold plated earrings
- Celebrities wearing mismatched earrings
- Best Gold Hoop Earrings styles of 2018
- How to stack earrings & be fabulous
- Pump it Up: Pom-pom Earrings
- What are Statement Earrings and How to Wear Them
- Jewelry Favorites: Crystal Earrings
- Summer Trend Alert: Tassel Earrings
- Boho Earrings: What are they and how can I rock them?
- Top 5 gold plated earrings for this summer
- How to wear gold hoop earrings
- How to wear mismatched earrings?