A Lapis Lazuli necklace gives you a mysterious air. There is something magical about this deep blue gemstone. If you are in need of a little adventure and magic in your life, then give Lapis Lazuli a try. The vibrant color of Lapis Lazuli is mesmerizing. It is one of those gemstones that you can spot from a mile away. So, wearing a Lapis Lazuli necklace puts you in the spotlight. Even when the stone is small, it still seems like the light (and everyone’s eyes) follow it.
Curious about Lapis Lazuli jewelry? Scroll down for all the deets on Lapis Lazuli and how to style necklaces.
About Lapis Lazuli
Lazurite, pyrite and calcite are the main minerals of a Lapis Lazuli rock. There are also smaller amounts of other minerals in Lapis Lazuli but these three influence the quality and color the most.
The color of Lapis Lazuli ranges anywhere between a blue-green to dark blue or purple. Sometimes you also see gold specks in the gemstone which come from the pyrite. This creates a beautiful sparkling lapis lazuli necklace or ring.
The main source of Lapis Lazuli is in the mountains of Afghanistan. Other sources are Pakistan, Chile, Siberia, Canada and even in the US state of Colorado.
In jewelry, you usually find simple cuts of Lapis Lazuli like cabochon, beads, oval and round shapes. Faceting Lapis Lazuli is rare because this does not make the stone sparkle more.
Meaning of Lapis Lazuli
Though meanings of gemstones differ with cultures, truth and wisdom are commonly associated with Lapis Lazuli. There is something ethereal about Lapis Lazuli so when you are feeling insecure about the future, try wearing a Lapis Lazuli necklace. Maybe the deep blue color calms you down and lets you see what is in front of you without the anxiety.
We also think this smart honest woman vibe works well in a work environment. Have an important pitch coming up? Convince your audience by spreading the spirit of Lapis Lazuli with a lapis lazuli necklace.
Some even say that the air of wisdom and truth of Lapis Lazuli improves your verbal communication. Don’t we all find ourselves at a loss for words sometimes? Maybe a Lapis Lazuli necklace helps us find those words and push us to be more assertive.
How to Style a Lapis Lazuli Necklace
Now for the fun part. How do you style a Lapis Lazuli necklace? It all really depends on the necklace design and the materials of the necklace.
For a street chic look we like a silver Lapis Lazuli necklace. The cool color of silver against the deep blue looks very modern. Wear a longer layered Lapis Lazuli necklace for more edge. Pair it with a black leather jacket and you are rocking the look.
A beaded Lapis Lazuli necklace is perfect for office wear. The subtle gold sparkle in the necklace brightens up your polished office look. You can either stick to similar cool tones with gray and navy clothing or create contrast with a white button up blouse. Keep your other jewelry pieces minimal for this look. You don’t want the jewelry overpowering your professional vibe.
Boho chic and Lapis Lazuli are basically married to each other. Every girl that has cosy flowy maxi dresses needs a Lapis Lazuli necklace. For this style we like seeing true statement pieces. Wear a Lapis Lazuli necklace or a choker with oval Lapis stones all around. Follow the Lapis Lazuli necklace style in the rest of your jewelry but feel free to mix up the gemstones. For example, moonstone creates a magical balance with this fabulous deep blue gemstone.
What about formal events? Normally, we are looking for lots and lots of sparkle in our special occasion jewelry. We make an exception for this gemstone though. Its beautiful blue and gold specks remind us of a night sky so we feel it deserves a moonlit event, too. Wear a gold lapis lazuli necklace with a pendant featuring this gemstone for special occassions. For even more glam, look for a lapis lazuli necklace that combines diamonds and this gorgeous gemstone.
Style Rules for Lapis Lazuli Necklaces
A Lapis Lazuli necklaces is more versatile than you think but you must pay attention to the necklace design. Here are a few quick style tips.
- Don’t wear a large gemstone for formal occasions. Smaller gemstones are more polished, especialy when we are talking about a lapis lazuli necklace.
- Let Lapis Lazuli be a detail instead of the star for formal events. Focus on the gold chain, instead.
- Pearls and diamonds elevate Lapis Lazuli but don’t pair them for casual looks.
- A layered Lapis Lazuli necklace is fun for a festival but it might be too much for daily routines.
- Lapis Lazuli has a somewhat heavy look. Balance it out with loose fitting clothing or choose smaller gemstones.
And last, but not least, the most important rule of wearing a lapis lazuli necklace is to avoid clothes in colors that might clash with the deep blue of this gem. For example, a lapis lazuli necklace and a purple dress may not look so good. Thankfully, deep blue is a versatile color so you’ll have other options to choose from.
If you are ready to take your look to the next level, head out to Ana Luisa online jewelry shop and check out our unique necklaces for women to get a fabulous lapis lazuli necklace.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- 3 Chic Ideas for Wearing a Pearl Beads Necklace
- How a Moonstone Necklace Is Perfect for Any Occasion
- When to Wear Simple Chain Necklaces
- How to Style a Honeycomb Necklace
- The Gold Horn Necklace – Top Ideas on How to Wear It
- Which One of Ana Luisa’s Pearl Necklaces Suits Your Style?
- Top Ideas for a Chic Collar Necklace
- When & How to Wear a Heart Necklace
- The New Statement of 2019: Layered Necklaces
- How to Style a Ball Chain Necklace?
- What Is a Good Luck Necklace?
- Fashion Necklaces Ideas for Each Day of the Week
- Which Ana Luisa Ball Chain Necklace Is the Right One for You?
- Trending Now: The Coin Necklace
- How to Wear a Pearl Necklace
- How to Wear a Pearl Pendant
- Matching Your Choker Necklace with Your Other Jewelry
- How to Wear a Statement Necklace
- How to Style a Semi Precious Stone Necklace Depending on the Color of the Gemstones
- Which Necklace Length Is Ideal for Each Moment of the Day?
- What Is a Layered Necklace & How Should You Wear One?
- How to wear Ana Luisa’s layered necklaces?
- How to choose the perfect size for your pendant necklace
- How to style a collar necklace
- How to wear a rope necklace each day of the week
- How To Wear: Chunky Necklace
- Where Do I Wear a Lace Choker?
- Spiritual Jewelry: Evil Eye Necklace
- Grunge Look – Skull Necklace
- Bar Necklace – How Do I Wear it?
- Bridesmaid Jewelry – What to Choose
- Summer Trend: Lotus Necklace
- How-to Style: Crystal Choker
- Our 2018 favorite layered necklaces
- How to style a choker necklace?