The gold horn necklace is a nature-inspired piece of jewelry that looks fabulous. With multiple meanings behind it, a sleek look and a beautiful design, the gold horn necklace is here to stay. Whether you are thinking of getting one or you already have a gold horn necklace and can’t wait to wear it, we are here to help you with some styling inspiration. Read further to find out more about how to style necklaces and wear the gold horn necklace like a true fashion icon.
The Gold Horn Necklace and Its Meaning
Some people associate the gold horn necklace with the horn of abundance or cornucopia, a term which comes from Latin. One of the most interesting legends has Zeus as the main actor. As you perhaps know, in Greek mythology, Zeus’s father, Kronos, wanted to devour his son, so the baby Zeus was hidden on Crete Island. As the story goes, a goat fed him with her milk but Zeus accidentally broke one of her horns. From that moment on, the horn was given the divine power to offer never-ending nourishment.
Interesting as this legend may be, there is another myth concerning this necklace. The Italians also love the horn necklace, but they offer it a different meaning and name it cornicello. They believe it to represent the moon Goddess and to protect against the evil eye. Of course, there also other meanings to the horn necklace, but you are not here for the history lesson. You are here because you want to get interesting ideas on how to wear the gold horn necklace, so let’s get started.
Wearing the Gold Horn Necklace to Work
Because the horn necklace is a versatile piece of jewelry, you can wear it to any occasion. Whether you go to work, a night out with your friends or even a formal event, you can never go wrong with this fabulous piece of jewelry. So how should you accessorize the gold horn necklace if you are going to the office or a business meeting?
Keep it simple and stylish with a pair of clear studs and a medium-sized gold cuff bracelet. As the gold horn necklace will look gorgeous with white or pastels, wear a white tailored blazer and a pair of crop trousers. Keep it monochrome with an off-white V-neckline shirt achieve an impeccable style.
Wearing the Gold Horn Necklace Casually
The beauty of this jewelry piece is that you can always try it with your favorite jeans & tee look. Not many jewelry pieces have this versatility. For example, imagine wearing a pearl strand with a graphic tee, ripped jeans and sneakers when you go for a walk in the park. However, wearing a gold horn necklace is always appropriate.
The next time you want to grab a coffee with your bestie, wear your gold horn necklace with a pair of mismatched studs. Pun on your pair of high-waist jeans and graphic crop top for a fresh look. You can also stack a couple of bangles or go one step further and stack different types of bracelets.
Wearing the Gold Horn Necklace to a Formal Event
Can you wear the gold horn necklace to a black tie event? Of course you can. You don’t have to always go for the gemstone chokers to create a statement look. In fact, here’s a wonderful idea on how to style the gold horn necklace if you are going to a formal event.
Due to its golden metallic glow, this type of necklace will look very elegant when you pair it with black silk or satin. Choose a black silk gown, a subtle tennis bracelet and a pair of elegant statement earrings. You can skip on the gemstones and bring back the theme of the necklace by choosing a pair of gold chandelier earrings without gems. Alternatively, you can keep the earrings minimal too and opt for a pair of bejeweled shoes. You will look dashing wearing your gold horn necklace and you will have a great time telling people about its story.
Layering the Gold Horn Necklace
If you love the layered necklace look, then a gold horn necklace must not miss from your jewelry box. Choose one with a thin link chain so that the horn can grab the attention it deserves. For the shorter necklace, you can opt for an open gold collar or a dainty think link chain. If you want to layer more than two necklaces, for the longer one you can break the pattern and choose a pearl pendant or a beaded necklace. You can also play with shapes and sizes and wear the gold horn necklace along with a long coin necklace and a choker.
If you enjoyed reading about the gold horn necklace and feel more inspired to style jewelry, read our other articles as well. We publish daily content on this blog and you will find lots of interesting styling advice, as well as care & maintenance guides and shopping information. If you want to get a fabulous gold horn necklace and see more unique designer jewelry, visit Ana Luisa online jewelry shop. We feature a vast collection of unique designer pieces that you will fall in love with. Visit our online jewelry shop and choose the designs that suit your personal style.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- The Ruby Necklace Guide
- 5 Reasons to Buy an Emerald Necklace
- Wearing the Diamond Necklace Every Day of the Week
- 3 Chic Ideas for Wearing a Pearl Beads Necklace
- How a Moonstone Necklace Is Perfect for Any Occasion
- When to Wear Simple Chain Necklaces
- How to Style a Honeycomb Necklace
- How to Wear a Lapis Lazuli Necklace
- Which One of Ana Luisa’s Pearl Necklaces Suits Your Style?
- Top Ideas for a Chic Collar Necklace
- When & How to Wear a Heart Necklace
- The New Statement of 2019: Layered Necklaces
- How to Style a Ball Chain Necklace?
- What Is a Good Luck Necklace?
- Fashion Necklaces Ideas for Each Day of the Week
- Which Ana Luisa Ball Chain Necklace Is the Right One for You?
- Trending Now: The Coin Necklace
- How to Wear a Pearl Necklace
- How to Wear a Pearl Pendant
- Matching Your Choker Necklace with Your Other Jewelry
- How to Wear a Statement Necklace
- How to Style a Semi Precious Stone Necklace Depending on the Color of the Gemstones
- Which Necklace Length Is Ideal for Each Moment of the Day?
- What Is a Layered Necklace & How Should You Wear One?
- How to wear Ana Luisa’s layered necklaces?
- How to choose the perfect size for your pendant necklace
- How to style a collar necklace
- How to wear a rope necklace each day of the week
- How To Wear: Chunky Necklace
- Where Do I Wear a Lace Choker?
- Spiritual Jewelry: Evil Eye Necklace
- Grunge Look – Skull Necklace
- Bar Necklace – How Do I Wear it?
- Bridesmaid Jewelry – What to Choose
- Summer Trend: Lotus Necklace
- How-to Style: Crystal Choker
- Our 2018 favorite layered necklaces
- How to style a choker necklace?