Moonstone jewelry is fantastic, elegant and mysterious. There are hundreds of stories surrounding this gorgeous gemstone because of its unique shine. Indeed, moonstones cannot be compared to any other precious or semi precious stones when it comes to how they look. It is only natural for you to want to wear moonstone jewelry and own a couple of unique jewelry pieces. But what should you look for when buying moonstone jewelry? Well, you have to read further to find out and discover important buying tips about moonstones.
What are moonstones?
In the past, people believed moonstones to have magical properties. From protecting people from harm and bringing good luck to mending broken hearts and increasing telepathy, there is a whole universe of folklore surrounding the moonstone. Why is that? Well, because of this gemstone’s luminescence. As opposed to any other gemstone, moonstones don’t get their brilliance from reflecting light in the traditional way. Rather, they seem to glow from the inside and this subtle yet mysterious brilliance has given them their name.
The scientific explanation is that the internal layers of a moonstone reflect off each other, making it seem like the glow is coming from inside. Well, in fact, it is, but there is an explanation for that. However, if you prefer the legends and myths, we could say that moonstones are magical. After all, there is no other gem that acts like that when exposed to light.
What moonstone jewelry to choose
When it comes to choosing the perfect moonstone jewelry, there are some factors to take into consideration. Most of the times you fill find moonstone jewelry with a polished cut and no facets. While it is true that you can also find faceted moonstone jewelry, it is better to choose a polished stone. Why is that?
Because a moonstone is a rather soft gem that scratches easily. A faceted moonstone piece will be harder to repair and polish in case you scratched it. This is why we recommend buying polished moonstone jewelry.
How much does moonstone jewelry cost?
The answer to this question depends on the metal and the moonstone variety. Of course, a moonstone in a platinum ring will cost more than a copper ring featuring a moonstone. But the metal isn’t the only factor in this equation.
While milky white, peach and silverfish moonstones are easy to find on the market, other varieties are rarer. Pale blue and rainbow moonstones are the rarest types and you can expect to pay a little bit more for them. Generally speaking, moonstone jewelry costs around $100, depending on the jewelry type. However, for vintage or antique moonstone jewelry, expect to pay at least $1,000.
What type of setting is best for moonstone jewelry?
While a beaded necklace or a pair of dangle moonstone earrings don’t need a setting, when it comes to bracelets and rings, you should carefully consider the setting. As we said in the beginning, moonstones are rather soft gems and, if you are not careful, you can easily scratch them.
This is why your moonstone ring is ideal if it features a bezel or a flush setting. These settings are the ones that protect the gemstone the most. And while some women don’t like these settings because they cover a lot of the stone, toning down its brilliance, this isn’t the case with moonstone jewelry. Its glow coming from the inside, it doesn’t matter whether it is set in a bezel or a prong setting. It will still maintain its mysterious and romantic glow.
Moonstone jewelry by Ana Luisa
Since Ana Luisa is a brand of uniqueness and creativity, we couldn’t miss the opportunity of featuring some gorgeous moonstone jewelry pieces.
The Janet Moonstone ring
This gorgeous piece of moonstone jewelry features the gem in a flush setting, protecting and emphasizing it at the same time. Dipped in 14k gold, this moonstone ring enhances the style of the wearer. And because it is chic and subtle at the same time you can wear it to both formal and casual events. If you want to get some style ideas on how to accessorize this ring with your other jewelry, check out our Arti moonstone bangle below.
The Arti Moonstone bangle
Just like the Janet moonstone ring, this elegant bangle is dipped in 14k gold and looks fantastic with both formal and casual outfits. The moonstone gems are placed in a subtle position where they exhibit their mysterious charm and glow beautifully.
If you enjoyed reading this article and finding out more about moonstone jewelry, read our other articles as well. We promise you will find very interesting information about jewelry that will help you become an expert in no time. To view more of our unique jewelry collections, we invite you to visit Ana Luisa online jewelry shop.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- Where to Find the Best Jewelry Sale?
- Our Favorite Freshwater Pearls Jewelry by Ana Luisa
- How to Buy Agate Jewelry
- How to Check the Diamond Quality
- Top 6 Essential Jewelry Pieces for Any Woman
- Discover Our Top Picks for Capricorn Jewelry
- Sagittarius Jewelry Pieces That You Can’t Wait to Try On
- Scorpio Jewelry Pieces that We Love
- Focus on Leo Jewelry – What Are the Right Pieces for You?
- Best Cancer Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- Taurus Jewelry – Which Pieces Define Your Style?
- Aries Jewelry – Discover the Designs that Represent Your Astrological Sign
- Top Pisces Jewelry Designs that You Will Love
- Focus on Aquarius Jewelry – What Should You Get?
- Trending this Season: Zodiac Jewelry
- Trending 14k Gold Jewelry This Season
- Travel Jewelry – The Best Travel Inspired Designs
- Mothers Day Gift Ideas This Year
- Top Ideas for Mothers Day Jewelry
- Our Top Favorite Pink Gemstones
- How to Buy Black Pearls
- Freshwater Pearls vs. The Saltwater Varieties
- What Jewelry to Offer as a Valentines Day Gift
- Ana Luisa’s Most Popular Jewelry
- Our Top Picks for January Jewelry
- What Is Coin Jewelry?
- Valentines Jewelry: Top Gift Ideas
- Most Important Jewelry Trends this Year
- What Gemstone Jewelry Should Your Wear in 2019?
- Jewelry Gift Boxes Ideas for Christmas
- What Makes a Good Jewelry Gift Box?
- How to Find Jewelry Coupon Codes: Mejuri Coupon Code & Others
- Ana Luisa’s Top of the Best Colorless & White Gemstones
- Top Fabulous Red Gemstones
- Everything You Need to Know about Gold Vermeil Jewelry
- Tourmaline Jewelry Buying Guide
- What is ethnic jewelry?
- Topaz Jewelry Buying Guide
- Our Favorite Simple Jewelry Pieces Any Woman Should Have
- How to Buy Lapis Lazuli Jewelry
- Which Are the Best Jewelry Metals for Your Style?
- 14k Gold VS 18k Gold – Which Should You Get?
- Timeless Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- What Is Hypoallergenic Jewelry?
- Top Interesting Cultural Jewelry Pieces
- Garnet Jewelry Buying Guide
- What Is the Winter Jewelry You Need to Have This Season?
- How to Buy Rose Quartz Jewelry
- 5 Reason Why a Jewelry Gift Card is a Great Idea
- How to Buy Malachite Jewelry
- Top Tips When You Buy Jewelry Online
- Top Christmas Jewelry Present Ideas
- What To Avoid When Buying Black Friday Jewelry?
- Birthday Jewelry Guide
- How To Start Your Jewelry Collection
- How To Pick Personalized Jewelry
- How To Buy Opal Jewelry
- Everything You Need To Know About Rhodium Plating
- White Gold Jewelry, Rose Gold and Yellow Gold – Which One Is Right for You?
- What Is Ancient Greek Jewelry and How to Buy It?
- What Is Byzantine Jewelry and Why Should You Have Some?
- How many gold colors are there?
- How to buy freshwater pearls
- How to buy Akoya pearls
- How to buy South Sea Pearls
- How to buy Tahitian Pearls
- What to look for when choosing a jewelry box
- What are chocolate diamonds?
- How to buy jade jewelry
- How to spot fake pearls
- What to do if you have a nickel allergy?
- What is Inlay Jewelry?
- Should you buy 10k gold jewelry?
- Top tips when buying amethyst jewelry
- What are the different diamond cuts?
- Top 10 gems used for semi precious stones jewelry
- What is estate jewelry?
- What is art deco jewelry?
- How can you tell if your antique jewelry is worth a lot?
- 7 of the World’s Rarest Gemstones & their value
- Enamel jewelry buying guide
- Discover the most expensive gems in the world
- Top Mom Jewelry Gift Ideas
- Zircon vs cubic zirconia – What is the difference?
- Metal Rings Buying Guide
- White Gold vs Platinum – Do You Know the Difference?
- Silver vs Sterling Silver – What is the difference?
- Rose Gold Jewelry Buying Guide
- Gold dipped jewelry – The difference between vermeil & gold plating
- Gold Plated vs Gold Filled Jewelry: What Is the Difference?
- What you should know about gold plated jewelry