Rose gold jewelry represents one of the biggest trends in the jewelry world. This type of gold has made its way into fine jewelry from fashion watches to earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets. Rose gold has become the ultimate choice for romantic engagement rings. But what exactly is rose gold and how can it make such beautiful jewelry? In this article, you will find out what rose gold is made of, how strong it is, and if it is suitable for engagement rings.
What is rose gold?
Many people think that rose gold is not actually real gold or that it is naturally rose. In fact, rose gold is made out of pure yellow gold that is mixed with copper. You should not worry that the gold is not 100% pure. Actually, you cannot find pure gold jewelry anywhere, because gold, in its natural state, is too soft and it will bend and scratch easily. You can even leave an imprint of your finger if you press it hard enough. That is why gold is mixed with various other metals to make it stronger and more durable. Also, by mixing gold with other metals you can change its color.
You have surely seen the 22K, 18K or 14K (karat) hallmark on jewelry. The hallmark explains the percentage of pure gold present in the mixture. For example, 22k gold contains 91.6 pure gold, 18K gold contains 75% pure gold, 14K gold has 58.5% and 9K has 37.5% pure gold. You should not worry about the mixture, because it will not affect the value of the gold. It will only make it more rigid and get it to have a unique rosy glow.
Because rose gold is mixed with other metals, it becomes much stronger, so it can be used for creating jewelry. In addition to this, even though copper can get tarnished, the mixture will not become green. In some cases, it is possible for the copper within to darken slowly in time. This can make the jewelry piece to change its pink luster and appear redder than when you purchased it. Even so, this natural feature makes it more desirable. As you may know, the natural vintage look makes a rose gold jewelry piece (ring, necklace, earrings, and bracelets) look more exclusive. Furthermore, rose gold jewelry will not chip.
Who is the inventor of rose gold?
The inventor of rose gold has is unknown to this day. Even so, we know that rose gold firstly became popular in the 19th century in Russia. That is why many history books refer to rose gold as “Russian gold”.
Rose gold jewelry has come and gone from the fashion world. After it was very popular at the beginning of the 1800s in Russia, it became again very fashionable during the time of Queen Victoria. Later on, its red luster was admired again during the Art Deco era (the 1920s). In the 30s platinum was the most popular precious jewelry metal. However, starting with the 40s, rose gold made a strong comeback.
Why is rose gold jewelry so popular?
In terms of fashion, this type of gold is rich, yet subtle looking. Firstly used to create fashion watches, rose gold was brought back massively into the jewelry world alongside Apple’s iPhone. A lot of jewelers welcomed this change, as they were not “allowed” by the market to experiment with the color of the jewelry as much as they could. Up until a few years back, the market was monopolized by white gold and platinum.
Even so, rose gold jewelry is now more popular than ever not only because it looks good, but because it can complement all skin tones, making it very easy to wear. A lot of people (especially younger generations) consider rose gold the most romantic precious metal due to its pink luster. However, rose gold jewelry will always be desirable to most jewelry lovers.
Is it suitable for jewelry and engagement rings?
You can find many rose gold jewelry, such as rings, bracelets, earrings and a choker necklace. However, one of the most popular jewelry made out of this material is the rose gold engagement ring. Copper is a very strong and durable metal and when mixed with gold it will help preserve its shape and surface. That is why a rose gold engagement ring and any other type of jewelry made out of this metal can last you a very long time (if you don’t lose it).
There is also another benefit. Unlike white gold, which gets its whiter surface due to its rhodium coating, rose gold jewelry will never require any special or time-consuming maintenance.
Now all you have to do is to decide on that perfect piece of rose gold jewelry and let it complement your fashion style. To view our limited edition jewelry collections, please visit our online jewelry shop. If you have any questions, leave a comment below or contact us.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- 4 Evil Eye Jewelry Pieces that You Need to Have
- What is Mother of Pearl Jewelry?
- How to rock cubic zirconia jewelry
- How to Buy Nickel Free Jewelry?
- 4 Things You Need to Know About Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry
- How to Buy Fine Gold Jewelry Depending on Your Needs
- Best Types of Jewelry this Season
- Where to Find the Best Jewelry Sale?
- Our Favorite Freshwater Pearls Jewelry by Ana Luisa
- How to Buy Agate Jewelry
- How to Check the Diamond Quality
- Top 6 Essential Jewelry Pieces for Any Woman
- Discover Our Top Picks for Capricorn Jewelry
- Sagittarius Jewelry Pieces That You Can’t Wait to Try On
- Scorpio Jewelry Pieces that We Love
- Focus on Leo Jewelry – What Are the Right Pieces for You?
- Best Cancer Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- Taurus Jewelry – Which Pieces Define Your Style?
- Aries Jewelry – Discover the Designs that Represent Your Astrological Sign
- Top Pisces Jewelry Designs that You Will Love
- Focus on Aquarius Jewelry – What Should You Get?
- Trending this Season: Zodiac Jewelry
- Trending 14k Gold Jewelry This Season
- Travel Jewelry – The Best Travel Inspired Designs
- Mothers Day Gift Ideas This Year
- Top Ideas for Mothers Day Jewelry
- Our Top Favorite Pink Gemstones
- How to Buy Black Pearls
- Freshwater Pearls vs. The Saltwater Varieties
- What Jewelry to Offer as a Valentines Day Gift
- Ana Luisa’s Most Popular Jewelry
- Our Top Picks for January Jewelry
- What Is Coin Jewelry?
- Valentines Jewelry: Top Gift Ideas
- Most Important Jewelry Trends this Year
- What Gemstone Jewelry Should Your Wear in 2019?
- Jewelry Gift Boxes Ideas for Christmas
- What Makes a Good Jewelry Gift Box?
- How to Find Jewelry Coupon Codes: Mejuri Coupon Code & Others
- Ana Luisa’s Top of the Best Colorless & White Gemstones
- Top Fabulous Red Gemstones
- Everything You Need to Know about Gold Vermeil Jewelry
- Tourmaline Jewelry Buying Guide
- What is ethnic jewelry?
- Topaz Jewelry Buying Guide
- Our Favorite Simple Jewelry Pieces Any Woman Should Have
- How to Buy Lapis Lazuli Jewelry
- Which Are the Best Jewelry Metals for Your Style?
- 14k Gold VS 18k Gold – Which Should You Get?
- Timeless Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- What Is Hypoallergenic Jewelry?
- Top Interesting Cultural Jewelry Pieces
- Garnet Jewelry Buying Guide
- What Is the Winter Jewelry You Need to Have This Season?
- How to Buy Rose Quartz Jewelry
- 5 Reason Why a Jewelry Gift Card is a Great Idea
- How to Buy Malachite Jewelry
- Top Tips When You Buy Jewelry Online
- Top Christmas Jewelry Present Ideas
- What To Avoid When Buying Black Friday Jewelry?
- Birthday Jewelry Guide
- How To Start Your Jewelry Collection
- How To Pick Personalized Jewelry
- How To Buy Opal Jewelry
- Everything You Need To Know About Rhodium Plating
- White Gold Jewelry, Rose Gold and Yellow Gold – Which One Is Right for You?
- What Is Ancient Greek Jewelry and How to Buy It?
- What Is Byzantine Jewelry and Why Should You Have Some?
- How many gold colors are there?
- How to buy freshwater pearls
- How to buy Akoya pearls
- How to buy South Sea Pearls
- How to buy Tahitian Pearls
- What to look for when choosing a jewelry box
- What are chocolate diamonds?
- How to buy Moonstone jewelry
- How to buy jade jewelry
- How to spot fake pearls
- What to do if you have a nickel allergy?
- What is Inlay Jewelry?
- Should you buy 10k gold jewelry?
- Top tips when buying amethyst jewelry
- What are the different diamond cuts?
- Top 10 gems used for semi precious stones jewelry
- What is estate jewelry?
- What is art deco jewelry?
- How can you tell if your antique jewelry is worth a lot?
- 7 of the World’s Rarest Gemstones & their value
- Enamel jewelry buying guide
- Discover the most expensive gems in the world
- Top Mom Jewelry Gift Ideas
- Zircon vs cubic zirconia – What is the difference?
- Metal Rings Buying Guide
- White Gold vs Platinum – Do You Know the Difference?
- Silver vs Sterling Silver – What is the difference?
- Gold dipped jewelry – The difference between vermeil & gold plating
- Gold Plated vs Gold Filled Jewelry: What Is the Difference?
- What you should know about gold plated jewelry