Finding a good jewelry box is crucial to maintaining your beautiful designer jewelry by Ana Luisa. However, this may prove more difficult than you think. And it’s not because there aren’t good jewelry boxes on the market, but rather because, most probably, you don’t know what to look for and what to avoid.
To help you understand the importance of the jewelry box, just think about your car. You don’t let it parked somewhere outside where snow, rain, and other elements can get to it, do you? And you also pay close attention to the garage you choose because, depending on its construction, it will help protect your car or not. It’s the same for jewelry. The jewelry box has the same purpose a garage has, and it’s a very important one. So please read further to learn how to choose the perfect jewelry box for your precious and semi precious gemstone jewelry.
Don’t think about the look only
This is the biggest mistake women make when choosing a jewelry box. It has to match the curtains, look beautiful on your nightstand and have a design that complements the room, right? Wrong. Just like you don’t choose a garage for the color of the walls, you shouldn’t choose a jewelry box for its looks. Of course, you can find high-quality jewelry boxes that look wonderful and actually match your curtains. What we are saying is that functionality and efficiency should be the main factors when choosing a jewelry box, not the way it looks.
What should the jewelry box be made of?
You can find a lot of designs on the market. From plastic and metal jewelry boxes to wood and leather, there are many materials to choose from. But of all you can find on the market, we recommend wood. Due to its properties, wood insulates your jewelry and prevents moisture from ruining it. It is also durable and doesn’t interact with any metal. And yes, functionality aside, wood is also gorgeous. A jewelry box made of wood can have an artistic design and will look great in any room.
What should the jewelry box look on the inside?
The first thing you should do after selecting a jewelry box you like is to open it and feel the lining. It may surprise you, but the lining is very important. It should be very soft and lint-free. If you notice the lining is abrasive or doesn’t feel soft at all, then you shouldn’t buy the jewelry box. More fragile jewelry pieces will easily get scratched by an abrasive lining which defies the purpose of a jewelry box.
Regarding the compartments, you should always have your jewelry collection in mind. Make sure it features enough slots for your rings and drawers for your bracelets. Also look at the space inside and try to imagine where you will put your earrings and whether they would sit comfortably there. For necklaces, we recommend either an armoire (an upright jewelry box) or a necklace tree. The best way to store your necklaces is to hang them so that they don’t get tangled.
Should the jewelry box feature a lock?
Ideally, yes. Of course, a lock won’t prevent burglars from removing it completely from your home, but we hope you have alarms and other security features. But a lock will prevent your kids from taking your jewelry and playing with it or worse, getting hurt by it. There are many jewelry boxes that feature childproof locks so, if you have a kid or plan to have one in the near future, you should consider one of those.
Can I still consider the design of the jewelry box?
We know you were hoping to get to this part, so yes. But only after you consider its material, lining, compartments, and lock. If all of the above meet the requirements, then, yes, you should also think about how the jewelry box will look in your home. You can think of the design as an extra factor that will help you choose between a couple of high-quality jewelry boxes.
You have selected four or five that meet the requirements, so now it’s up to the way they look. It is normal to want something pretty because, besides a functional role, the jewelry box is also a décor item. Try to imagine where you will place it and how it will look like in your house. Choose a design you love because it will only prompt you to use it more often. If you choose a jewelry box that you hate, you will discover that, subconsciously, you will “forget” to use it and leave your jewelry lying around.
For more jewelry advice and the best fashion tips, continue on our blog. To see our unique jewelry collections, visit Ana Luisa online jewelry shop.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- 4 Evil Eye Jewelry Pieces that You Need to Have
- What is Mother of Pearl Jewelry?
- How to rock cubic zirconia jewelry
- How to Buy Nickel Free Jewelry?
- 4 Things You Need to Know About Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry
- How to Buy Fine Gold Jewelry Depending on Your Needs
- Best Types of Jewelry this Season
- Where to Find the Best Jewelry Sale?
- Our Favorite Freshwater Pearls Jewelry by Ana Luisa
- How to Buy Agate Jewelry
- How to Check the Diamond Quality
- Top 6 Essential Jewelry Pieces for Any Woman
- Discover Our Top Picks for Capricorn Jewelry
- Sagittarius Jewelry Pieces That You Can’t Wait to Try On
- Scorpio Jewelry Pieces that We Love
- Focus on Leo Jewelry – What Are the Right Pieces for You?
- Best Cancer Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- Taurus Jewelry – Which Pieces Define Your Style?
- Aries Jewelry – Discover the Designs that Represent Your Astrological Sign
- Top Pisces Jewelry Designs that You Will Love
- Focus on Aquarius Jewelry – What Should You Get?
- Trending this Season: Zodiac Jewelry
- Trending 14k Gold Jewelry This Season
- Travel Jewelry – The Best Travel Inspired Designs
- Mothers Day Gift Ideas This Year
- Top Ideas for Mothers Day Jewelry
- Our Top Favorite Pink Gemstones
- How to Buy Black Pearls
- Freshwater Pearls vs. The Saltwater Varieties
- What Jewelry to Offer as a Valentines Day Gift
- Ana Luisa’s Most Popular Jewelry
- Our Top Picks for January Jewelry
- What Is Coin Jewelry?
- Valentines Jewelry: Top Gift Ideas
- Most Important Jewelry Trends this Year
- What Gemstone Jewelry Should Your Wear in 2019?
- Jewelry Gift Boxes Ideas for Christmas
- What Makes a Good Jewelry Gift Box?
- How to Find Jewelry Coupon Codes: Mejuri Coupon Code & Others
- Ana Luisa’s Top of the Best Colorless & White Gemstones
- Top Fabulous Red Gemstones
- Everything You Need to Know about Gold Vermeil Jewelry
- Tourmaline Jewelry Buying Guide
- What is ethnic jewelry?
- Topaz Jewelry Buying Guide
- Our Favorite Simple Jewelry Pieces Any Woman Should Have
- How to Buy Lapis Lazuli Jewelry
- Which Are the Best Jewelry Metals for Your Style?
- 14k Gold VS 18k Gold – Which Should You Get?
- Timeless Jewelry Pieces That You Need to Have
- What Is Hypoallergenic Jewelry?
- Top Interesting Cultural Jewelry Pieces
- Garnet Jewelry Buying Guide
- What Is the Winter Jewelry You Need to Have This Season?
- How to Buy Rose Quartz Jewelry
- 5 Reason Why a Jewelry Gift Card is a Great Idea
- How to Buy Malachite Jewelry
- Top Tips When You Buy Jewelry Online
- Top Christmas Jewelry Present Ideas
- What To Avoid When Buying Black Friday Jewelry?
- Birthday Jewelry Guide
- How To Start Your Jewelry Collection
- How To Pick Personalized Jewelry
- How To Buy Opal Jewelry
- Everything You Need To Know About Rhodium Plating
- White Gold Jewelry, Rose Gold and Yellow Gold – Which One Is Right for You?
- What Is Ancient Greek Jewelry and How to Buy It?
- What Is Byzantine Jewelry and Why Should You Have Some?
- How many gold colors are there?
- How to buy freshwater pearls
- How to buy Akoya pearls
- How to buy South Sea Pearls
- How to buy Tahitian Pearls
- What are chocolate diamonds?
- How to buy Moonstone jewelry
- How to buy jade jewelry
- How to spot fake pearls
- What to do if you have a nickel allergy?
- What is Inlay Jewelry?
- Should you buy 10k gold jewelry?
- Top tips when buying amethyst jewelry
- What are the different diamond cuts?
- Top 10 gems used for semi precious stones jewelry
- What is estate jewelry?
- What is art deco jewelry?
- How can you tell if your antique jewelry is worth a lot?
- 7 of the World’s Rarest Gemstones & their value
- Enamel jewelry buying guide
- Discover the most expensive gems in the world
- Top Mom Jewelry Gift Ideas
- Zircon vs cubic zirconia – What is the difference?
- Metal Rings Buying Guide
- White Gold vs Platinum – Do You Know the Difference?
- Silver vs Sterling Silver – What is the difference?
- Rose Gold Jewelry Buying Guide
- Gold dipped jewelry – The difference between vermeil & gold plating
- Gold Plated vs Gold Filled Jewelry: What Is the Difference?
- What you should know about gold plated jewelry