Your jewelry box is the place where all the magic happens. Wearing the right jewelry with the right outfit can mean more than having a great style. Sometimes, it makes the difference between getting what you want or not. At a job interview, for example, it is very important what jewelry you choose to wear from your jewelry box. So, if you want to rock that interview and land the job, read further to discover what jewelry to wear to your job interview.
Jewelry box & a job interview – dos & don’ts
If you are starring at your jewelry box every time you need to prepare for a job interview after you read this article you will get all the answers you need. People say that when you go to a job interview you need to look as if you already have that job. This is why it is very important to see how people dress in your industry. A financial expert working in a bank will always have a different outfit from a copywriter working for an advertising agency. This being said, let’s see which are the most important jewelry wear rules when going to a job interview.
DO wear simple jewelry
Unless you are applying for a job in the fashion industry, you want to keep it simple when it comes to the pieces you choose from your jewelry box. We recommend wearing jewelry to a job interview because it shows attention to detail and a personal style. However, a lot of jewelry or extravagant pieces may send the wrong message to your interviewer. The general rule is to choose simple and stylish jewelry pieces such as:
- Silver or gold stud earrings with a delicate chain bracelet
- A solitaire pearl ring with a pearl pendant
- A simple delicate bangle with a pair of huggies
When you are wearing simple and elegant jewelry it sends a message of professionalism. Chunky pieces may seem exaggerated to your interviewer. Of course, nobody will admit that they rejected a candidate because of the jewelry they were wearing. However, this can happen because first impressions also take your overall look into consideration.
DO follow the “less is more” rule
If you go to your job interview wearing a lot of jewelry it will certainly send the wrong message. The interviewer may regard you as frivolous or trying to impress. This means that you should pick from your jewelry box a pair of earrings and an elegant ring. You can also wear a find pendant necklace with a bangle bracelet, but make sure you are not wearing all your pieces at once. We recommend choosing two or three pieces from your jewelry box.
DO wear jewelry that is not very expensive
The truth is that expensive jewelry can get you into trouble at a job interview. If you are wearing a diamond bangle, for example, it could send the message that your skills are also very expensive. And sometimes, the interviewer may let their personal background affect their decision. A diamond ring or a pair of diamond studs should be fine but avoid diamond cuffs or necklaces. The best idea is to choose from your jewelry box versatile and high-quality pieces that don’t intimidate people.
DON’T wear statement pieces
We know that every woman has at least one statement piece in her jewelry box. However, those pieces are great for any other occasion except for a job interview. Oversized hoops, a gemstone choker or a cocktail ring may distract attention. Avoid big jewelry pieces and stick to the essentials. Here is what you should never wear to a job interview:
- Statement necklaces & cuffs
- Statement earrings & big hoops
- Cocktail rings & other types of chunky rings
- Chokers & collars
- Chunky metal chains & tassel pieces
DON’T wear plastic jewelry
We know that you love those colorful plastic summer bracelets in your jewelry box, but it’s best to keep them for other occasions. Plastic jewelry can be very fashionable, but it is not appropriate for a job interview. Try to stick to metal pieces instead as they send an authoritative message. You want to show your interviewer that you mean business, not that you love the hippie era.
DON’T wear political jewelry
Just like politics and religion are not allowed at the dinner table, the same can be said for a job interview. Of course, you are ok with wearing a cross necklace or another religious symbol as long as it is a simple and delicate one. However, you should avoid political jewelry that depicts various movements. A “meat is murder” necklace may create tension between you and your interviewer especially if they are not vegetarians. And even if they are, you are applying for a job interview, not a political campaign.
To view our fine jewelry collections, visit Ana Luisa online jewelry boutique. You will discover high-quality unique pieces perfect to wear for a job interview. Read our other articles as well to discover more useful jewelry fashion tips.
Others interesting posts about this topic :
- What makes Ana Luisa the Best Online Jewelers?
- 5 Best Christmas Outfit Ideas with Ana Luisa Jewelry
- How to Style Celestial Jewelry
- 5 Fab Vintage Fine Jewelry Ideas by Ana Luisa
- 3 Fall Recommendations from Fine Jewelers
- 5 Everyday Jewelry Pieces & How to Style Them
- Unique Designer Jewelry by Ana Luisa in Co-creation with fashion icons
- Best Bridal Jewelry Ideas by Ana Luisa
- Lady in Red Look: Top Ana Luisa’s Pieces with Red Gemstones
- How to Style Shell Jewelry
- 4 Summer Jewelry Pieces that We Love
- Wearing Black Onyx Jewelry with Other Gemstone Jewelry
- The Best Prom Jewelry Ideas for Prom
- How to Wear Jewelry Sets in a Modern Way?
- The Best Libra Jewelry That Will Match Your Style
- Virgo Jewelry – Discover the Best Designs for You
- Finding the Right Gemini Jewelry for You
- Paris Jewelry Inspiration
- When Should You Wear Gold Vermeil?
- What New Year Jewelry to Wear to the Party?
- Our Top Picks for December Jewelry
- What Is Hair Jewelry?
- How To Wear Flower Jewelry?
- Best Strapless Dress Jewelry Ideas
- How To Style Tassel Jewelry
- What Is The Best Office Jewelry For You?
- What Types of Jeans Jewelry Are There?
- Top Trendy Jewelry This Winter
- How to Style Onyx Jewelry
- Top fashion tips for styling solid gold jewelry
- How to style Rose Gold jewelry
- Silver vs gold – the eternal question
- Best Couples Jewelry Ideas
- Jewelry designs by era
- How to wear Vintage Jewelry
- Best Party Jewelry Ideas
- The Ultimate Guide to combining Gemstone Jewelry
- Designer Jewelry & the four personality types
- Fall Jewelry Upcoming Trends
- Zodiac jewelry – What pieces are best for each astrological sign
- Romantic jewelry – What to wear on your dreamy first date
- What prom jewelry to wear on your special night